LegacyGT.com

Quick question?

I've never owned a Subaru before the one I just bought yesterday is obviously my first... a few friends of mine who swear by Subaru say you don't have to worry about the mileage compared to some other makers out there.. is this true? Subaru's truly run forever? Mine only has 20k on it and it's a 2009.. just curious on what all of your guys'/girls' thoughts are on this.. I'm a single mom of an almost 5 year old so obviously keeping this car for as long as I can is what my main concern is and something very reliable and safe is crucial for me and my boy. Thanks for any input!

If you keep up on ALL of the maintenance as you should with a subaru they do tend to last a hell of a long time. Things break like on any car but they'll take a beating and keep on ticking.

ESPECIALLY the N/A cars as I believe yours is (no turbo).

I have a WRX that has seen a huge beating and it's got 203,000 miles on it. Gone through 3 turbos but the motor seems to be holding on o.k.

So yeah. Budget well. Do your maintenance and track it all.. I'd expect it to do 200,000 miles easy. But they're all difference.

• Mega Users
I've never owned a Subaru before the one I just bought yesterday is obviously my first... a few friends of mine who swear by Subaru say you don't have to worry about the mileage compared to some other makers out there.. is this true? Subaru's truly run forever? Mine only has 20k on it and it's a 2009.. just curious on what all of your guys'/girls' thoughts are on this.. I'm a single mom of an almost 5 year old so obviously keeping this car for as long as I can is what my main concern is and something very reliable and safe is crucial for me and my boy. Thanks for any input!

you picked a safe car for sure. If yours is a non-turbo, it will be a lot friendlier on your wallet.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I've had turbo cars before and I loved it but hated it. Did some decent work to that car.. but no more lol. A few things here and there on this car.. but nothing crazy or major considering I have an almost 5 year old lol hoping he'll be into cars as much as I was at his age and on.. :)

But yes my car is n/a and I didn't want to deal with the turbo issues that I had to before.. I have a friend who has a 02' WRX and has about 140k on it.. so I will plan on all maintenance whenever it's needed :) Thanks for the help!

Archived