LegacyGT.com

KBB's 10 Most Comfortable Cars under $30k

WraithAkaMrak

My cousin has the red one and it looks pretty good overall. We installed an intake into it a couple of weeks ago and the sound is simply amazing at full throttle. His interior rattles too much for my taste though so I would probably not buy the version before the redesign. I probably wouldn't buy the current one either due to the transmission. I have driven his quite a bit and I swear that transmission is the biggest piece of turd ever. I absolutely love the effortless power though.

I am interested in you giving details on what exactly makes you feel the trans is a terd? Do you know what trans that particular car was equipped with?

I am interested in you giving details on what exactly makes you feel the trans is a terd? Do you know what trans that particular car was equipped with?

Same as every other Hemi Charger, 5 speed auto. It shifts lethargically and you can feel the shifts too much. Just didn't like it at all.

Meh. I think the 5th Gen Legacy is more comfortable on a short drive. It's roomier and the seats are bigger which makes it seem more inviting and open. However, after spending 12 hours in it driving to Chicago, it was miserable. Back, legs, butt, everything was in pain for sitting in that car for that long (between drivers, passenger, and back seats). All started after a few hours. Other cars I've driven in for that long (3 different Maximas and 2 Camrys) have never given me problems like the Legacy did.

On the flip side, I've never had any aches or pains from being in my 4th gen for hours at a time. It's actually more the opposite -- longer drives are easier because I find the seat more comfortable.

But like I said, meh.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

My 2005 was fine for everyday driving, it just wore on my body for long travels. I don't have this problem at all in the STI or the LGT. I'm not a picky seat person either... no back problems, not overweight , and not tall. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it was definitely not long haul friendly.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm 6'2 220lbs and I feel that anything over 2 hours starts to wear on me. My legs, knees, and ankles are the first things to start hurting

The first week of June I'll be doing a road trip from Milwaukee -> Detroit -> Muskegon -> St Louis and then back home, and I feel like that is going to be 24 hours of driving hell

I was quite comfortable in the 2012 Outback my dealer gave me as a loaner, but my right leg, just below the knee, kept hitting the left side of the center stack.

My leg rests on the center stack in my 2005 Outback, but the alignment of everything in the 2012 had my leg resting on the hard plastic, and it hurt.

I did prefer the slightly more upright seating position and increased room between the seat base and steering wheel, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate the discomfort of having my leg rub against the center stack for very long. The 20 minute drives around town were bad enough.

I am a smaller guy @ 5'8" 168lbs, and I find my 05's seats to be OK. The 7-8 hour drive from VA Beach to Pittsburgh can be a little bit uncomfortable after about 4-5 hours. I need to get out and move around. I mostly dislike the limited range of lumbar support, It just cant do enough!

My Fiancee's FXT has much more comfortable seats, and air-ballast lumbar support (for the driver only) which is much more substantial. the same Drive is not nearly as bad. What I dislike in the FTX is that the plastic on the window sill/door is hard, it bothers my elbow if I rest my arm there for too long. Comparitively my LGT interior feels soft and supple, theres actually a dent in the door from where my elbow rests!

I sat in a newer legacy at the dealer about a year ago and felt lost in the seat. It seemed to have no bolster support.

Now that I think about it I am surprised to see the Chevy Malibu up so high on this list. I sat in a 2011 model before buying my Legacy and thought it was decent, but the rear legroom was horrible even though Chevy claims it is about what is in the Legacy. It will be interesting to check out the 2013 version. I thought the Chrysler 200 had more room in the back than the Malibu and Chrysler only claims 36" of legroom. I will have to say the Chrysler 200 is a screaming deal right now. I have seen touring models with the 3.6 for 19k new. Not bad for a 280 hp sedan in 2012.

Archived