LegacyGT.com

Need advice and info on gauges and some oher things.

Hey everybody I am still new to the world of Subaru so forgive me for the newb post. I am looking into putting gauges into my 2005 GT Limited. What are a good brand to go with and where is a good place to mount them? I have seen the dual cubby mount I like the way it looks but can the door still shut? I come from the Diesel world and the two most imortant things to monitor are boost and exhaust temp. I know I want boost in my Subaru what are some other important things to monitor on the car? Is there a pillar mount that can be used in these cars?

Second question has to do with boost. On my truck I can turn boost up and down by adjusting the wastegate boost elbow. Is there a way to adjust boost on the subaru? Or are they a electronic wastegate that can only be adjusted via computer/tuning? What kind of boost levels should I be seeing in my car (it is stock with the exception of a cat back exhaust and spt intake).

Third and final question. I was told to look into a catless downpipe and up pipe for my car. If I put these on will it require me to get a tune for my car? If it does what is a good place to get a tune or tuner form? Thanks for any advice, info or help.

The brand of gauges i'd recommend would be Defi (if you don't mind spending some coin). They match the factory cluster pretty well and they have the opening sweep as well. Boost and EGT are always good to have as well as oil temp and oil pressure.

Boost shouldn't be adjusted unless accompanied by a tune. When the WRX first came out everyone was slapping on a boost controller and turning up the boost, which resulted in a lot of blown engines.

Matter of opinion\taste. I prefer cubbypod by JCS

Ya I do like the cubby pod but I also like the pillar mounted gauges thats where I'm torn. I swear I read somewhere that I should not mount gauges on the pillar because the side air bag is deployed from there. Is this true? I have seen legacy's with pillar mounted gauges are thoes people just taking the risk? Do these cars even have side air bags? Thanks again for the info.

Archived