LegacyGT.com

So I didn't buy a LGT...

but the wife, the baby and I did drive home in a new Tribeca. Regardless of the controversy over the styling, this is an impressive vehicle. Besides, we were driving a CR-V and you can only go up from there :lol: .

I like the design, inside And out. very distinctive, other suv designs seem so tired to me. I will concede, in certain photos it can look awkward, but it's one of those cars that you gotta see in person, up close it looks well-honed. the sheetmetal fits together with Lexus precision, the curves are perfectly executed.

in only a week, i could not count the number of people paying compliments, looking in the windows, asking what it is. Subaru made the right move with this vehicle, it will bring the whole brand up, just like the WRX did.

BTW I rate SUBARU of JACKSONVILLE Top Notch. I do my homework, they knew that I was an informed buyer, acted professional and treated us the same. I worked out most of the deal on the phone (we test-drove previously), we were in and out of the dealership in exactly 1hour. including all paperwork, thorough inspection of car, and road test.

OK.... bring on the pig-nose comments. :D . and don't worry LGT still on the way.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was very dissapointed the tribeca wasnt offered in a turbo,, yuck

No turbo 6's from Subie in this country. No turbo 6's in the last ten years. No matter how much the SVX owners wished for them.... ;)

The H6 in the Tribeca makes decent power. Wonder what an AP and some exhaust mods would do for it. Not that we'll ever know, as it's not likely to be a 'mod' target.

Hey don't beat up on Hondas, I sell them! First CR-V will allways outsell Tri by 100 to 1. And why whould you compare CR-V to Tri? Im almoust sure if you would try Pilot we would have one Tri owner less ;) . For less money you would get more.

Still congrats on your purchase and wellcome to Suby family!! :)

congrats on your purchase! other than my OBXT, the wife's car is a recently purchased atlantic blue pearl tribeca. like you, i love the looks of it inside and out, subaru did really move up, more so even than the legacy and outback from 05. not broken in yet, so hopefully the mileage improves a bit (i'm not whining about mileage from a super heavy SUV, btw - just my wife absolutely does not have the lead foot that i do, so i expect better than 17 mpg mostly highway) i think she does drive like the epa :lol:

Congrats on your purchase. Keep us posted on the car; let's see if Suby is putting out quality. I'll bet they are.

I think the Tribecca would be awesome with a different grille treatment, but if you find it attractive, that is what's important.

Good Lunch with the car.

I like the Tribeca very much.. Like everyone said above, once you get by the front end it looks great all around. The front is actually starting to grow on me and I am starting to like it more and more.. It is great quality from subaru

Hey don't beat up on Hondas, I sell them! First CR-V will allways outsell Tri by 100 to 1. And why whould you compare CR-V to Tri? Im almoust sure if you would try Pilot we would have one Tri owner less ;) . For less money you would get more.

Still congrats on your purchase and wellcome to Suby family!! :)

I'm a Honda guy, just being a little facetious. Love em. (that's why I don't own a LGT yet) 130K strong on my 99 Accord 4cyl. Just can't kill it, and still enjoy driving it.

Pilot's nice, but liked the distinctive look of the Tri, and Subie technology.

we liked the styling and utility of the CR-V, but were a little disappointed with the economy, never got more than 21mpg (AWD). We thought for that kind of mileage we could get something sportier, roomier, subier.

Congrats eleJ,

I am quite sure that I was the first to post the “Pig Nose” comment after seeing a photo of the Tribeca.

I agree with you that the Tribeca does look much better in person or in metal, than in pictures. The nose comes close to working and is definitely unique. As you said, the sheet metal fitment and curves are really beautiful. When you look at the new BMW5 series, it looks like a bunch of car sections that do not belong or work together. It looks like a Frankenstein car. The Tribeca has real total design cohesiveness. The lines, shapes and overall look is more attractive, IMO, than the Infinity FX. The Tribeca looks strong, but not too heavy and is a bit smaller looking than other SUVs.

Enjoy your unique, high value, well built machine.

I had seen pics of the Tri, and thought it was OK. Friends went to the Detroit auto show in January and said it looked great in person.

Well, I went to my dealer the other day for some parts, and they had a black one on the lot. They do truly look great in person!

Not my type of vehicle, but I would consider it if I needed something like that.

Ron

No Nav. 7pass LTD, no other options. will probably get handheld GPS and portable DVD when baby's old enough. we were actually leaning towards the 5pass, but the cargo capacity is the same, so figured why not get 7.

MtnSub- ditto on the 5series, i do like the doors and...well that's about it. i think the new 3series is nice, but holy smokes, anybody priced a 330i Sport Premium Package lately :eek: ?

if you haven't test drove a Tri, the brakes and handling are amazing for a 4,200lbs car. i think Motortrend tested it in the most recent issue, ran the slalom at 62-63mph iirc.

Just saw a Tri in person the first time today. As some of your have already mentioned, the Tri looks great in person. The photos just don't do justice for the car. The front doesn't look that bad in person. The rest of the car is beautiful. The line are distinctive yet subtle. The interior is just gorgeous. Good job, Subie!

I actually like the Tribecca styling. The grill will grow on us. Honestly nobody has a problem with the BMW double kidney thingy, however, at first glance it looks like buck teeth!

I am a dedicated Subaru owner and will be looking to replace my wife's 01 v70 wagon over the next 12 months. I have been pushing the Tribeca with the wife but there are three problems with the it:

For me:

Underpowered engine. The H6 is a dog, even in the Outback.

For me and the wife (it would be "her" car):

No MT. This sucks but the only thing in the class that does offer an MT is the X5. The X5 also suffers from poor power (3.0) but an MT would make it OK. Bigger problem is with the X5 I'd have to put up one of my kids for adoption, nop third seat.

and... the kicker...

Side curtain doesn't extend to the third row. This is a MAJOR issue for the wife if we expect to put our twins way back in the third row.

Now the major competitor, for us at least, is the XC90. The third seat gets the curtain and is much more functional as far as car seats and boosters are concerned. The turbo 5 cyl has more real power at altitude (I live at 6,400 feet) than the H6. No MT though.

Archived