LegacyGT.com

Question for wagons with Epic/GR-2 combo

i've been thinking about this question a lot too. After seeing several photos of other peoples setups with 1/4" and 3/8" spacers. Personally if I go with the epic springs I would get at least 3/8" spacers. Possibly even the 1/2" ones.

My thought process. If your trunk is empty and you don't carry many passengers 3/8 is good.

If you carry some junk in your trunk or passengers in the back or possibly have a trailer hitch on top of all that (like i do) then maybe go with the 1/2" spacers. I want my car to be level when its loaded and maybe have a little forward lean when its empty. My personal preference anyway.

Good luck with the decision!

btw, research epic squeaking. Seems to be some complains about those springs being particularly noisey. I've heard grease and using wire wrap on the dead coils can help address some of it temporarily though

My other idea was no shims or 1/4 shims on the back and leaving the stock springs on the back and putting Tein H springs on the front for a .9" front drop

Still not sure if I'm gonna go Tein H or Epic. I hate creaks squeaks and raddles so I'm leaning towards the Tein H for a nice quiet ride.

Archived