LegacyGT.com

MTX Smart Engage?

TJS

Just shopping for a sub/amp combination for my 07 SpecB. Being that the OEM sub is extremely underwhelming, I am going aftermarket. But I haven't done this before, and just want the easiest way to add an amp/sub to the factory system.

MTX amps have their "smart engage technology" that, if I'm reading it right, just taps a speaker level input. Has anybody used one of these amps in this capacity?

No responses...but I'm goin' for it. Picked up an MTX Jackhammer 2-channel amp for pretty cheap and found a Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" flat subwoofer/box on sale at best buy. Looks like the hardest part is going to be routing the power wire to the amp. There just doesn't seem to be an easy way. The left fender grommet is hard to get to, and I don't like slicing into the boots on the main harnesses through the firewall.

Worst part is all the amp install kits I found only have 17' of power wire. Hope it's enough, going to have to be efficient once I get into the car.

Success! Sounds pretty good so far. Pulled speaker inputs from the rear door speakers. Amp is in the cargo organizer under the trunk cover. Not being much of an audiophile I'm sure wherever I think the settings make it sound great will be completely out to lunch, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Just need to do some cleanup work with the wires in the trunk and it'll be good to go.

Archived