LegacyGT.com

Schroth "Quick-Fit" 4-Point Harness

AJChenMPH

Are these designed for autocross or track use?

FWIW, I wouldn't use any 4pt harness on the track. Keep the OEM setup until you are willing to drop in a rollbar/rollcage and 6pt harness.

I've used the Schroth harness on the track with no issues -- it does have an anti-submarine feature on it, so I'm fairly comfortable with it. I figure any negatives are offset by the fact that I'm much more stable in the seat and can retain better control over the car.

Unfortunately, much as I'd like to, there's no way I'm going to drop a rollcage into a daily driver that also has to get me and three other people to black-tie functions.

Andy

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

not sure of the fitment to the LGT yet, but I have the schroth in my MINI...love them.

I guess contact Schroth directly? Maybe they will have some answers for you. I am sure there is a simple "kit" you can use to transplant the existing Passat one into the LGT without having to buy a new set up...but then again, I bet all the clips are different.

I think Schroth's policy is that the harnesses are approved only for the models listed. Which means officially, the ones for the STi probably aren't approved for the LGT. I think the connectors are different for VW/Audis than for Subies in general -- oh well.

Good seeing you again, btw.

Andy

Andy :) | My Whips :redface:

Archived