LegacyGT.com

Time to "up" the suspension - need advice...

ion

I am craving to up the suspension a little and do some minor mods. Here was a list of mods I am considering VERY soon. But (as in the past) I trust you all on this board and you have all given me great advice and help - so I wanted to run this by you.

JDM rear sway (having a hard time finding one in stock)

AVO end links (heard you need this to stop the squeaking of the sway)

STi Pinks (worried about struts?)

ROTA forumla mesh (18x8 - dark grey or silver?)

Pirelli tires

Other mods I am thinking about:

STi tranny mount

Window Tint

JDM grill (I think this is the one without the chrome bars?)

Not sure about the STi pinks - would like to see in person and/or ride in a LGT with them to see how they are. Ummm - anyone in the MD want to give a stock LGT owner a ride?? Give me the mod bug..haha.

The end links aren't really needed unless you lower the car. If you put the pinks on, you can adjust the links so that the bar is the correct position. The squeaking is caused by the bushings. A quality waterproof grease should keep the noise down.

As for the Rims with pinks installed, search for 'heybige.' He has the pinks and 18's on his car...and it looks TIGHT. I saw it in person...and it was really nice, as far as the look goes. Didn't have time to ride with him, though...maybe next time I am in the area. Oh, and he's in VA as well, close to DC. Later.

I am craving to up the suspension a little and do some minor mods. Here was a list of mods I am considering VERY soon. But (as in the past) I trust you all on this board and you have all given me great advice and help - so I wanted to run this by you.

Pirelli tires

STi tranny mount

Window Tint

Not sure about the STi pinks - would like to see in person and/or ride in a LGT with them to see how they are. Ummm - anyone in the MD want to give a stock LGT owner a ride?? Give me the mod bug..haha.

I second that. Anyone with a GT and pinks near Baltimore, MD?

You may want to call Race Comp Engineering in Columbia. They've told me they think Pinks and Swifts feel the same. Maybe you could call them and find out if they are doing any Legacy's....then talk to the owner....maybe you could get a ride then?

Pirelli tires

STi tranny mount

Window Tint

Sways - Perrin/Cusco seem to be the top two sellers

Endlinks - Perrin/AVO (I have the Perrin Endlinks and sways...love them)

Pinks - My buddy has them on his Sedan, I love the ride and feel. He hasn't had any problems as of now (had them about 2 months)

Wheels - All on you and your pref! tires are what make the diff.

Tires - http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Docs/Tire%20Info.doc (kefee's crazy breakdown)

Tranny mount - Just installed on friday, firms everything up shift is much nicer/smoother/precise. Roughens the car up just a tad, giving it more of a "tank" feeling.

Tint - Always :D

JDM Grille - I got one, doesn't fit perfect, I had to file the corners to get it to fit right (after it had dug into my bumper) Search for the grille a few replicas have come out that fit correctly and are cheaper......

Whew...did I get it all..:lol:

Well the "tank" feeling is, the Mount will firm eveything up, makes the shift more precise and hmmm not as loose, giving it a tighter, stronger, and suprisingly smoother feeling when shifting. Like I'd imagine it drivning a fast tank.......LOL Maybe that was the wrong word to use. The only place you feel the vibration is in the shifter a little bit, the rest of the car is unaffected.

Did I answer, I kinda rambled a little bit, for 70bucks not a bad mod at all if you are not a fan of the stock shift! I have now for shifting: Cobb STS, Cobb Bushings, Tranny mount. Now just need new tranny fluid, and I'll be rock'n

Gotcha - makes more sense now. I came from a 350Z with the 6MT which had a very notchy feeling shifter. When I test drove the LGT, the very first thing that I know I wanted was the STi short throw shifter - the stock LGT one was too soft and I could not get a good feel for the gates - if that makes any sense. Anyway - sounds like I will like the tranny mount - thanks for the advice.

Now I just need to decide on pinks, sways, end links, struts, etc... :confused:

Rear swaybar - got mine from Paul

Endlinks - I passed on this

STi Pinks - currently thinking about them .. that whole strut thing, and top part

Wheels and tires - your personal style. go with what YOU like & what makes YOU feel happy

STi tranny mount - i need to read up on this

Window Tint - go as dark as you're legally allowed. i have 35%

jdm grill - i got my grill from wrx_lgt (rommel)

4 out of 7 with 1 pass .. not bad =)

JDM rear bar

AVO endlinks

Sti pinks

18 rims

STi tranny mount

JDM grill

what a coinkydink. I am in DC, ion, and if you want to come down for a ride sometime, you are welcome. i also have the jdm bilsteins though, so the ride is a bit firmer than pinks alone.

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I think I am going with:

JDM rear sway

AVO endlinks

tint

STi tranny mount

And then hold off on pinks and rims/tires - sandwood might have to take you up on that offer. I live in Frederick and work down in Bethesda. Doesn't Xenonk live around us as well?

Pirelli tires

STi tranny mount

Window Tint

Just a thought - how about getting in on the Ksport coilover group buy for $940 shipped.. Gives you adjustable springs + shocks all together..

HV

Archived