LegacyGT.com

cd player in arm rest

hey all. ok i was trying to think about audio options, cause i rolled down the windows this weekend and turned up the radio, and needless to say, to stock set up really lacks the b@ll$ that i need or most anyone needs.

so i started thinking about it. would it hurt the electrical system, if i spliced into the 12v acc, ignition and ground wire, and just ran the wires to a after market radio, i was thinking about trying to mount it in the arm rest, or maybe the cubby hole above the factory radio. i plan on running a 4 or 5 channel amp. anyway, so i will have to re-run all new wires for the speakers. i dont want to spend the money for the jdm kit. but i cant handle this stock player. so i was thinking about just leaving the power hooked up to it, so i can still use my hvac controls, and just disconnect the speakers. ??? im not even sure if this idea is plausible, was just gonna bounce the idea off yall. thanks

that is the most redneck thing i've heard all week, might as well put some bookshelf speakers on the dash while you're at it. get better speakers or invest in the cleansweep module or 4way amp. search function will lead you to these items

theres a mount so you can use the cubby hole, or some modification required but will fit if you remove the ashtray

bmx, there was this one kid at my school that had nothing but tweeters and listened to them loud when he drove:lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

LOC or better yet, Cleansweep, MS-8, RF3.Sixty, etc... from your factory head unit to your amp/speakers.

Unless this is the look you're going for..

http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/images/redneck_car_air_conditioner.jpg

theres a mount so you can use the cubby hole, or some modification required but will fit if you remove the ashtray

bmx, there was this one kid at my school that had nothing but tweeters and listened to them loud when he drove:lol:

I have respect for people that tweet opposed to bump.

lol no bookshelf speakers. i was a car audio installer at circuit city before they went under, so im not gonna do anything ghetto/redneck. i just want some options. other then having to mess with the factory system.

underground, do you have a link for that bracket?

People may not like my set up but here is what i have done:

1. installed soundstream preamplifier in cup holder between armrest and shifter.

2. installed two amps behind rear seats (one for mids/high and one for subwoofer).

3. disconnected door speakers from stock head unit and connected them to mid/high amp in the back.

4. installed ipod in cubby above mpg gauge and hooked it up to soundstream pre amp.

5. remote turn on wire for both preamp and amps is hooked up to stock head unit. So to turn everything on, I turn on the stock head unit.

6.done.

My set up leaves the stock radio as is and my preamp is hidden when I close the cup holder lid; same for the ipod, can't see it once the cubby lid is closed. So anyone that gets into my car thinks I just use the stock set up, until I slam my 15! :)

Archived