LegacyGT.com

05-07 DRL High beam?

AkumaMax

Hey guys a while back I was dealing with a Canadian DRL company when I had my RSX to get DRL's on my high beams. It didn't work all that great because of the way the lights were wired. I'm going to attempt doing the same method as well as a more OEM method to see if I can get it to work. I was just wondering how many people would be interested in it if my Aftermarket kit would work?

Some of you may not care but for those who do there is hope and I am going to try it out in the next 2 weeks or so. I will keep you updated and if all goes well I will give you A DIY.

Because I like the apperance. I'm trying to do something where I can run my DRL's a lets say 60% max and have my HID's on. I want sort of like the 07 Acura TL's have where the Highbeams are on with the Lowbeams but the high beams are at a lower wattage. This way I can have Yellow high beams and then the blueish HID's it's a really nice combo IMO. See them all the time on EVO's

Well I wired them up last night and tried it out going in the route of the OEM DRL. Personally the DRL's run a little too bright for my taste. It looks like the OEM DRL runs it at 75-80% power. My other DRL runs them a 60% so once I get the right wiring harness I will try it out. keep you updated.

• 3 weeks later...
pics? I'd like to get some of those led high beam bulbs since I have bi-xenons for highbeams I dont really use them for anything.

I don't think that would work. LED lights are low voltage as it is cutting the percentage of that would make them not work or flicker just like it would to the HIDS on the low beams with our stock DRL module.

As of right now this has been put on hold due to other problems going on with my car.

It works, there is a thread about them where an 08 owner put these led bulbs in his high beams with no issues with drl function.

Well here is the thing about that. It's very easy to wire up your high beams to work like you stock DRL witch looks like it runs at about 85%-90% wattage(haven't phisically tested it yet. Where as the kit that I will be making has a module that puts it down to 60% wattage so that is a huge difference. If there is some trouble with my module then maybe I can do something to make them work with the module.

EDIT: I am not an electrical genius. I say this because I'm not thinking about how much power an LED takes from a car. I forget how much to tell you but if I remember correctly it's less than half of what a normal bulb takes power wise so I don't think there would be a problem with this mod at all. But if there is I will keep everyone updated once I get back to palying around with it.

• 7 months later...

Archived