LegacyGT.com

LED turn signal resistor install ?

TYNY

OK I've searched everywhere ( here and google at least). For anyone that has done the switchback 3157 LED bulb install, I have a question about putting in the resistor. I tried every combination and still couldn't get the stinking bulb to blink right. I used the black ground in the center and from what I could tell w/ my multimeter the black/blue on the drivr side and the black/ green on the passenger side are the turn signals. I blew 3 turn signal fuses trying to figure it out. By any chance anyone have a photo or remember which ones you wired? I am using the 50 watt 6 ohm resistor that is recommended by everyone and taps into the wiring. Some combinations gave me the (orange) hyperblink but no parking lights (white) and another combination gave me the parking lights but no blinking at all. Any help is appreciated, better yet if anyone is in Rockland County, NY and can help me I'll get you a case of your choice of beverage. thx.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey TYNY,

I believe for our generation of the legacy's, you may have blown your fuses for your front+rear parking lights and license plate lights. That happened to me when I installed 3157 regulars on my front instead of 3157CK.

For our generation, front should be CK, rear is regular. Double check and let me know.

Hope that helps. I realize that this is late. I just joined the forum.

Archived