LegacyGT.com

Dissapointed with Thousand Oaks Subaru

gt2005

I just bought a 2005 Legacy GT in June. I have never owned a Subaru before, but I really enjoy the car. I wish I could say the same about the dealership. My experience with the buying process was the best I ever had. No hard sale, very easy going salesman, etc. In fact, one of the reasons I bought the car was I liked the relaxed environment of the dealership. The problem came after the fact. Here is my gripe.

I bought the car June 19th, during the financing part, the finance manager sold me on the perma-plate for the exterior/interior. I went ahead and told him to include it. That evening I did some research on perma-plate and realized I didn't need it. I called the dealership the next day and spoke with the same gentlemen that sold it to me. With a little grumbling, he agreed to send me a refund. Having not received the refund, I called up the dealership last week and spoke to another finance guy (the original one was not there), he told me there was no record of a refund, etc. After 5 calls now, no one from this dealership has ever called me back. The last call was today, I spoke with another finance guy who said I will get a call back within 20 minutes, it's been 4 hours. I certainly hope this is not a sign of things to come. But, hey the car is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived