LegacyGT.com

Data log after mod to intercooler and fixing leaks

Blow

Hello all I am first of all thankful to you all for looking at my logs over the past week to help a new guy out. So my last logs there was some knock at 5200 and then way down low. There was also some evidence of vacuum leaks so I zip ties or hose clamped a bunch of lines and then went ahead and did the bullet proof top mount IC mod by seeeeya. My ic looked as though it was separating on the passenger side corner, no cracks just a little oil or something seeping out. Any way I am also now running Shell gas and still getting the P0171 code. I have resealed the air box also and have a new front O2 sensor as it is probably the factory one.

Here are two back to back logs from yesterday. This is a COBB OTS stage 2 map. I am running at CNT catted DP and everything else stock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq02xQKN52HUdHdzTW1MUW9taGlKblk0cWF6YkdtSmc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq02xQKN52HUdHIza0NuUk5wM3VOX0lvOTZ2aXpZSkE

Things look better then they did before as looks like there are not any knock events. Does the Dynamic Advance degree moving up mean the ECU is adding timing as doesn't hear any knocking? Feedback knock is now at 0 as they were fluctuating in the (-) before. That is good right??? Looks like I'm missing about a pound of boost which at this point I'm more concerned that the knocking is at bay...

Things look good.

No, that's not what DA is, not exactly. The ECU doesn't just add timing in.

It's more like... the ECU always has the DA applied already and it follows the table/tune. Only when it detects knock does it start reducing DA from what you had it set up to.

Certain parts of your engine are more prone to knocking and knocking hard when you get a condition, such as bad gas. This is where the Dynamic Advance Multiplier (DAM) comes into play. The map is setup in such a way that there is a higher number for DA in the areas of your tune where knocking happens harder and more commonly with bad gas, or a similiar effect.

When your ECU detects knock all over, it reduces DAM from 1 (which is the normal value) down to below 1. So you end up with something like... DAM=0.75.

In a cell where you had 6 degrees of DA, when you reduce DAM to 0.75, you've effectively pulled 1.5 degrees of timing. In a cell where you had only 4 degrees of DA, you are only pulling 1 degree of timing when DAM=0.75.

That's how DAM works. It allows the ECU to pulling timing across the entire RPM/load range in one fell swoop, and pull it harder where the engine needs it to be pulled harder.

You don't need to log AF parameters unless you know what you're looking for. And you don't need DA either because you're already logging FBKC and FLKC. You don't need Knock Active SW. But you DO need throttle. For future reference.

Thank you sir for the explanation I am trying to learn and this helps a bunch. Also thank you for your time explaining and your suggestions on logging parameters. I was just adding things I thought might help me figure this out plus just kinda wondering what things do.

Archived