LegacyGT.com

ford excursion

In my opinion a 6.0 is rolling the dice. For the most part you have to pull the cab on the trucks to work on them, I have no idea how they do it in the excursion. I've seen more trucks with problems than without. I would avoid a 6.0.

A co-worked had a Expedition (6.3?) that needed a new engine. You have to remove the whole body. Basically its a dealer only operation because you need to be able to handle the body removal.

I think it cost him ~$6k (CA pricing) for the engine replacement, not sure if that was new or rebuilt though.

A co-worked had a Expedition (6.3?) that needed a new engine. You have to remove the whole body. Basically its a dealer only operation because you need to be able to handle the body removal.

I think it cost him ~$6k (CA pricing) for the engine replacement, not sure if that was new or rebuilt though.

You def do not need to be a dealer to remove body panels. It is as easy as removing anything else held on with bolts.

You def do not need to be a dealer to remove body panels. It is as easy as removing anything else held on with bolts.

Lots of Ford trucks require body removal for major engine work. Not body panel removal, body removal. The dealer does it all in one shot with the lift in their shop. Some private shops will dive into those jobs, some won't.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Lots of Ford trucks require body removal for major engine work. Not body panel removal, body removal. The dealer does it all in one shot with the lift in their shop. Some private shops will dive into those jobs, some won't.

Hmmm, why would they require the body to be removed.

Hmmm, why would they require the body to be removed.

The engine is half under the cowl. You couldn't pull a head on it without pulling the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Ronald Reagan

Still seems strange, it would be easier to drop the engine out of the bottom or pull the front supports and bumper off and move it out straight through the front.

Won't come out the bottom- this isn't a car where a few bolts and the whole subframe comes off- you'd have to remove the whole front suspension, nevermind that most crossmembers on a frame like that don't even come off.

And in all honesty I spoke with several Ford techs back when I worked at a dealership service department and with the proper tools they say it isn't as bad as it sounds and it is absolutely the fastest way to get into the engine.

-Ronald Reagan

Archived