LegacyGT.com

'00 RS coilspings on '97 legacy wagon ?

Syd

All of my 4 struts are leaking on the '97 legacy wagon non GT. I'll replace them with KYB GR2. I'd have a deal for 4 '00 2.5RS coilsprings with ~30k km to replace mine (car has 180k km). I am NOT looking for any drop in height. Would those coilsprings fit my car without affecting height ? Thanks, Syd

I can't tell you one way or the other. The best place to look for this would be NASIOC's Legacy forum as the tech knowledge over there is a bit more abundant. :) Hate to point you off our little forum, but trying to find you the best info. :)

[quote name='SUBE555']I can't tell you one way or the other. The best place to look for this would be NASIOC's Legacy forum as the tech knowledge over there is a bit more abundant. :) Hate to point you off our little forum, but trying to find you the best info. :)[/quote] Apparently, there would be some drop on height on the rear, a guy on NASIOC said. I'll wait for some more input about this, but it seems I'll stay with my old springs for now. Thanks for pointing me the wright place. Syd

• 2 weeks later...
RS/2nd Gen Legacy struts are mostly interchangeable (ie AGX/GR2/OEM), the springs however are not due to what springs do..support the car. Since the Impreza is lighter,etc, it's spring rates are not as high as what the Legacy needs to support the extra weight. So if you put the springs on, you'll sag and it won't ride very well. Whiteline Control springs keep you pretty close to stock height (slight lowering) and I recommend them, as that's what I use:D. If you want to go lower H&R,Eibach, and Whiteline all make lowering springs too. //M ps.. if you go OEM, you "can" use the GT springs on your '97.

Archived