LegacyGT.com

What can/cant be stripped while going standalone

As some may already know my silver wagon will be getting quite the makeover in the next month or two. One of the major changes it going complete standalone. whether this means a complete strip down of all stock wiring or just installing the standalone along side and maintaining a somewhat stock looking car, I am still deciding but the question still remains.

I have purchased another wagon for the time being so I have free rain on this car.

But basic things i know i can toss are all the little sensors and what not that are spread across the bay. My list so far of things and harnesses i will keep are:

Crank sensor

coilpack

ignitor

temp sensors

fuel filter

knock sensor

pcv valve and head vents(where do i hook these up after the swap?)

Things i know im ridding of:

Maf

stock map sensor

abs

AC(maybe)

crusie control(in the way)

things im not sure about yet is the fuel pump system, is there a controller of some sort or does the pump just come on with a relay and stay on?

fuse box? keep and strip out for my new fuse setup? ill probably relocat it next to the ecu, does this bring about any problems?

as for the evap system, there a one or two solenoids inline with it along with the canister, what do I do about these?

VSS, i know there are two, what one is the one i need? though maybe not, will a 5 speed have 2 vss? even so i need one for the standalone and speedo, still working that one out.

iac valve i need to keep and hopefully get to work with the standalone, thats on my hands but if anyone knows more about this do share.

other then all this my A/C probably wont make it, not enough room for ic piping and my abs is getting stripped to if anyone needs a pump.

anything im messing cause i"m sure I am. This thread will consist of every detail and question about installing the mega squirt along with my build thread, just progress pics.

This thread may look sloppy, cause it is, as is with my plans for this car.

i do know what it needs. its the megasquirt, basically i can add and take away any input i want as long as its not needed to run the engine. so far the only none stock sensors im adding are a wide band and an intake temp sensor which would go after the inter cooler.

the MS cant control the evap system but i know i need it to keep the gas tank vented.

Archived