LegacyGT.com

help pls! disconnecting nav kicked an IMM Circuit Failure in 2008 Spec B

Triskite

Hey guys,

I posted my nav to sell it as I don't use it and could use the cash - and folks asked me if I could pull the wires and "brain" under the seat.

Well. I probably shouldn't have done it. I've done various work before and somewhat know what I'm doing but am completely lost - mostly because there is one 2x10 pin harness that I cut out - but the weird thing is it fits into BOTH the touchscreen AND the radio - and TBH I really don't remember which one it was plugged into. It has 4 wires - will upload photo but after reading all the wiring forums I could find, I'm pretty sure it's the Nav sound + power -> radio.

But the overall wiring for the nav system makes absolutely no sense to me and I don't want to further mess things up. I'm hoping this is as simple as a short or open circuit from when I stupidly cut all the cables at once for the harness and saw a very tiny spark.

the radio doesn't turn on or play music - it can display the backlighting (for night driving mode) and turns on the A/C but does not display any actual LCD text (not temperature / mode / anything audio related)

also, i imagine this is related but it blows my mind, all the interior lights don't work - dome, etc. but the moonroof does and the fasten seatbelt sign lights up. also, the wireless keyfob no longer locks/unlocks the doors.

any idea what the heck i did?

PS: i used AP and got error code p1572 - IMM circuit failure. Don't see any shorted fuses in the box (checked ~10 seemingly related fuses)

are you AP tuned as well? if not i can disable that p code in the ecu if you're local

appreciate it- although im less worried about having a trouble code and more worried about not having audio : /

in ann arbor, mi

10-4 good ole buddy o pal

say boston, ma as your location

the nav is tied in with the message center and radio system so bypassing it might have to be done with a paper clip jumper maybe? not sure

• 2 weeks later...

Archived