LegacyGT.com

What should I do?

Rebuild will be more expensive. I can only think of a few machine shops I trust with subaru motors, and if they are not the ones doing the machining then the JDM motor would be the route I take.

If you have a good machine shop and the money, then do the rebuild, it will last longer in the end if done properly.

You could get the JDM EJ25, and then rebuild it anyway since you won't know what kind of condition it is really or how it was treated until you see it while the engine is out and easily acessible, so might as well do it when you get it instead of later, have the heads machined, valves and clearances checked and done, figure out how to wire it in, post some pics and tell us how it is going, and then enjoy your swap after you work out all the bugs.

will do with the pics and if i do that do i need to get a new exhaust? i wanna get that but i just dont know but also i wantto keep it a 2.5 so yeah haha just alot to think about and if i go the turbo route 2 1/4 piping or 3 inch? also how hard is it to do a front mount intercooler?

Don't bother with a front mount unless you are really sold on having one and want to push 300 whp and feel like doing some more modification. A tmic is an easier install and will work just fine and allow you to keep your fogs without doing a lot of modification.

Don't bother with a front mount unless you are really sold on having one and want to push 300 whp and feel like doing some more modification. A tmic is an easier install and will work just fine and allow you to keep your fogs without doing a lot of modification.

I just installed an FMIC last week in an afternoon. Yes a TMIC is easier to install but they are terribly inefficient, no matter how big your hood scoop is, you are still running a device meant for cooling directly above the hottest thing in the whole car (heat rises)

what makes the 20 stronger and turbo yes no? and how do i do this ha

The 2.0 turbos have motors built for higher revs, they were designed for rally homologation. The 2.5T motors were just built for US sales.

Oh alrighty so will a STI ej20 bolt right in or need to have shop do it? Also do I need a new trans? And is there any way to keep my old exhaust or need a new one? And what size piping

It should bolt in, but whether you want a shop to do it or not depends on your skill level. You will most likely want to get a new exhaust to take advantage of the potential of the new motor. I'm not sure about the trans.

My skill level isn't to high but I have friends that are and my friends dad knows alot about ats so maybe I'll try and where is the best place to buy one of these engines and exhaust? Also what about an ej22t swap or is the 20 still better? And someone the other day I was talking too said I can't do a boxer ej20tt swap is that true?

Archived