LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket aluminum radiator

My radiator took a shit on me. I'm in need of a new one, and since I would like to boost one day I was thinking about a cheap aluminum sti radiator. Anybody running an aluminum wrx/sti radiator, or even a 4th gen lgt? How's the fit? Getting new hoses too. Using stock fans, or slim and a shroud?

I don't NEED it, I just don't like the idea of plastic end tanks. At some point on all cars they seem to crack so that's the main reason I want aluminum. I'm about to order a mishimoto for a Gd sti. Dimensions are close and a lifetime warranty, even if you get into an accident. Not sure if I need the slim fans though.

From what I have read the Koyo radiators are a very good choice. Can't go wrong with the mishimoto tho because of the price and lifetime warranty. Worst case you have to make a bracket to make it fit an get slim fans.

I do know you will need the wrx/sti radiator hoses tho, since they use center upper hose.

WRX/STI radiators are taller than the ones in our cars, and the lower mounts need to be modified for it to fit properly.

I *THINK* that a radiator for a 2.5rs fits our cars, you just need the rs upper radiator hose.

• 4 months later...

Archived