LegacyGT.com

Iam 0.375

Scruit

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You log it. We already know that you're knocking. Don't push the car now, NO MORE WOT LOGS. Either get a new revision from your tuner, or go back to the previous revision... or bad gas... or something else. Hard to say.

edit: Just saw you reverted to the older revision. Log the car. If the IAM is currently 1, keep driving around a bit with some varied and moderate throttle and see if you're knocking (look in the logs.) If it (the previous revision) appears ok, then try another WOT log.

Agreed - I will log a run on the prior tune. Although I'm going to try a couple of mini-runs first to make sure the knock count isn't rising. This will help me rule in/out bad gasoline.

look at feedback correction, whenever you see a - is where the knock sensor interpreted a noise as a knock, -1.41 is 1 event, -2.8 is knock twice in a row even after pulling -1.41

K, so you're saying I find knock by reading the logs - which is what I have been doing. I got the impression that I was expected to know the car was knocking during the run, before reading the logs.

I will be more careful on these next couple revisions and watch the knock counter / abort the run if needed. Maybe I can put the knock count and FBKC on the "dashboard" setting so I can do some WOT and see the knock right away, before committing to a pull.

And I promise no more rev limiter nastiness. That morning I (on my private track) I was being careful to not annoy the, er.. Track Officials. :cool: eyes outside the car too much, not on the dash enough. had to abort one run already due to the unexepcted presence of a Marshall.

I wouldn't really do that, even good tunes have small knock here or there, so 1 knock isn't a big deal(depending where it is). it's tough figuring out what is the cause of the knock but usually if it happens randomly its bad gas or a failing fuel pump, or a bad vac leak

Yeah, you find knock by reading the logs. And you have a WOT log already. You CAN (and should in this case) be logging low/moderate throttle driving as well, until you make sure it's safe to go WOT.

And to add onto what bmx said, it's not JUST feedback knock correction you're looking for. It's also Fine Learning Knock Correction. If FBKC goes up, you got a knock (or what the ECU thinks is a knock.) If FLKC goes up, you got a knock too... OR if it's a previously *learned* knock. If it's old learned knock, Knock Sum will NOT go up. If it's a new knock, knock sum will increment.

SO the easiest way to find new knock is by looking at Knock Sum.

BUT WAIT. Sometimes Knock Sum will go up but the ECU doesn't pull timing anywhere. I wouldn't worry about those instances then.... false knock, noisy car, etc...

Some people like to log only Knock Sum. That's fine, if you're doing pulls and know that the ECU was JUST reset. BUT I like to log all 3 items so I can do a pull anytime, anywhere, without resetting, and without pulling an LV first, and I'll know in full context what my car is doing. I can also afford to do that with RR and fast polling.

With an AP, your logging resolution is less, so the more stuff you log, the slower and less detailed your logs are....

I went back to the prior revision and logged a pull...

I also added my first log / lv from this revision back on March 1st.

March 1st there was no increase in knock sum. This time around the knock sum went up quite a bit, IAM dropped, but feedback knock correction didn't go up.

Confused. Looks like bad gasoline to me though.

So, if I have a tuned car and get bad gasoline, can that damage my car? How would I know during daily driving?

romraiderlog_20120329_081458.csv

lv_20120329.png.7c5058668565286f4b3c435f87efabf8.png

romraiderlog_20120301_105512.csv

lv_20120301_1058.png.5ed1a5684ab08a17a594d82060556d27.png

infamous isnt able to respond/revise within the timeframe of this issue.

so that's why we're doing it.

it def looks like a bad leak or something. i still get confused with those real positive trims. what intake are you running? airbox sealed properly? air filter even on intake if aftermarket?

I change my vote from bad gas to vacuum leak. Has your tuner seen your LVs? You clearly have a leak somewhere.

What is it that you are seeing in the logs that indicates a vacuum leak to you?

infamous isnt able to respond/revise within the timeframe of this issue.

so that's why we're doing it.

it def looks like a bad leak or something. i still get confused with those real positive trims. what intake are you running? airbox sealed properly? air filter even on intake if aftermarket?

All stock except for K&N panel filter.

Archived