LegacyGT.com

Let the responsible side get the best of me...

Qckslvr

So, last year I scored an amazing 5 piece set of OZ Ultraleggera's in Matte Black 18x8 +48 for a good deal with Kumho Ecsta MX's 225/40-18's mounted on them. Over the summer, I beat the tires to hell, but the wheels are still 99% mint. No rash whatsoever.

So now this year, summer comes early, first thought, lets get those blizzaks off and mount the summer wheels. Second thought, ugh, need to buy new tires for the summer wheels.

In the meantime, on goes the second set of factory LGT wheels with the original Bridgestones on em until I have a chance to get new tires.

Here is where I start to waffle. Looking at the beautiful polished wheels on my gray car, i decide, is it really worth buying tires for 225/40-18 when I can get away with buying tires for 215/45-17? There is almost a $400 difference between the two (Michelin Pilot Super Sports).

Additionally, I just purchased slotted rotors from brakeperformance.com and some HAWK HPS pads (great price on Amazon btw), so I think that in an effort to keep the car looking classy (girlfriend says the black wheels make me look like a drug dealer), and be financially responsible, im going to sell the OZ wheels, and use the revenue to purchase tires for the stock wheels.

Whew. Just wanted to vent that as I have been struggling with selling a gorgeous, light weight, aggresive offset wheel, but alas, I think I am growing up. :redface:

Make me an offer on 5 OZ Ultraleggeras (one, the spare, has minimal curb rash, the others are near mint). They are in Upstate NY and still need to have the beat to hell Kumhos dismounted.

Argh, if I didn't have to save for the 105k service, if I didn't have a wedding to pay for, if I just had some extra money.... if if if.

Good luck with your sale!

I could suck start a snow blower.

...I have the matte black Ultraleggera's on my 2008 QSM LGT and now I feel like a drug dealer...

hahahahahahaha, sorry, that was certianly not one of my goals in writing this thread..

Pictures of said wheels?

Also, this isn't ebay, you need to state a price and putting them in the For Sale forums would probably be a good idea too. Please provide a link when you do as I'm interested.

Thanks!

I don't know if it's just me but polished/chrome seem more drug dealer, black seems more racecar. I guess it depends on the style too.

I have a set of black and a set of polished. So I obviously race around selling drugs.

Easy, easy, i wasnt saying anyone looks like a drug dealer, was supposed to be a funny quote from my lovely girlfriend, not a folding chair into a mob :spin:

Pictures of said wheels?

Also, this isn't ebay, you need to state a price and putting them in the For Sale forums would probably be a good idea too. Please provide a link when you do as I'm interested.

Thanks!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-feeler-ny-18x8-48-oz-ultraleggeras-167599.html

ask and you shall recieve my friend ;)

Archived