LegacyGT.com

Sister bought a VW

My sister always been the responsible one. In her 6 years of driving she has owned one car, a 2002 saturn sc2 which our mom bought her when she was 16 and it never failed her. While I on the other hand have had 14 cars and 3 motorcycles in my 8 years of driving. She started a new job with much better pay so she started test driving cars. She ended up loving the VWs, so after weeks of looking for a lightly used 2011 jetta she gave up finding one in her price range that wasn't a base model with no options. She drove a saturn for 6 years and she deserved some options this time around. So I went to a dealer with her and we saw a 08 jetta Wolfsburg edition sitting in the corner. Had 30kmiles on it and was 16,988. 2.0 turbo, nice wheels, suspension, 6 speed dsg trans, premium sound, nicer seats. It is a used certified car so it came with a 2 year 24k miles bumper to bumper and she bought a 6 year 60k miles powertrain. Her payments with 0 down and 2,000 for her saturn are 286 per month with gap and the warranty. She ended up getting the car for 15,6xx.

The car isn't to fast but it is pretty fun. Handles nice, nimble, ride is a little louder than the normal jetta since it has the sport tires on it. The turbo engine feels good, power comes on very fast. The trans is def the most interesting part of the car. It shifts quick and strong, the gearing is short because its a 6 speed in a small engine turbo car. The strangest part is how it feels like downshifts slightly while you are braking at lower speeds. It caused me to stop just short twice lol. Spins the tires pretty well in sport mode reved up to 3krpms. Off the line it also feels like a manual, revs up to 3k no problem let off the brake and it didnt move instantly, then after a instant I felt the clutch grab and the tires spin and got a little smoke off them.

All I did was suggest the car because it was in her price range and had some nice options. She ended up loving it and bought it. Anyone have any experience with this car, the trans or the 2.0t engine from 2008+. Are they as problematic as older VWs? She has warranties but it is still a hassle to have to use them.

2.jpg.26fbdca33492a349633a1a9854333e45.jpg

1596926634_2(1).jpg.3f7178bebd9874d3fd542d013237aa42.jpg

1561580816_2(2).jpg.90fad617d46b1a3236fdb9cdfdb94905.jpg

1195200763_2(3).jpg.cc585afd6f4dfa62c496b58cd43d2afe.jpg

From what I remember, the new 2 liter isn't as bad as the old 1.8 but it's still VW. That trans is expensive to maintain and they still have the usual little VW gremlins. At least she didn't get that 2.5 POS or a 1.8T as we both know it's issues.

Drove one recently as a rental. Not my favorite car in the universe but wow thats a slick automatic tranny and peppy torque curve stock off the line. Nimble DD that feels smaller than it is and remains somewhat fun even though its a FWD. I like it the same way I liked early Jettas. Just a fun FWD sedan.

VERY STABLE AT SPEED.

So you have none of her scantily clad because the Midwest is chilly? Or you are implying that you are not romantically involved with her as you would be if you were from someplace like West Virginia, and therefore have no scantily clad pictures of her?

Either way this is not acceptable. How do you expect to get her married off if you don't post pics of her on the internet?

So you have none of her scantily clad because the Midwest is chilly? Or you are implying that you are not romantically involved with her as you would be if you were from someplace like West Virginia, and therefore have no scantily clad pictures of her?

Either way this is not acceptable. How do you expect to get her married off if you don't post pics of her on the internet?

Haha, the second one.

No offense men of legacygt.com but the crazy mofos on here are the last thing she needs in her life.

• 4 weeks later...

On Audi they extended the factory warranty on dsg's to 10/100. The dsgs again on the audi side are supposed to get the fluid and filter changed every 35k miles.

As for the 2.0T on the Audi side there are a few campaigns open for the crankcase breather sticking, low side fuel pressure sensor, and the intake flap motor. We have seen a few were the lifter for the high pressure fuel pump wears down the cam lobes. There is also complaints about oil consumption, but on the VW side they blow it off.

His "sister" is still a minor, you guys.

Why not introduce her to the 'Subaru", that way she can go camping in her new Outback/Forester.

Oh Well, In another 6 years, Tell her to buy a Subaru.

She'll love it even more than the jetta.(awd with more GC)

Why not introduce her to the 'Subaru", that way she can go camping in her new Outback/Forester.

Yeah camping, thats a good idea!

I can show her how to properly pitch a tent

;)

If she's old enough to drive that means there is grass on the field too....

According to the op his sister had a SC2 when she was 16 and had it for 6 years. Now I'm not Stephen Hawking, but according to my math that would mean she's 22. Since when is 22 a minor?

Back on the subject if you need any basic help with the car pm me.

According to the op his sister had a SC2 when she was 16 and had it for 6 years. Now I'm not Stephen Hawking, but according to my math that would mean she's 22. Since when is 22 a minor?

Back on the subject if you need any basic help with the car pm me.

Correct sir and I will let you know if any problems arise but for the next 2 years she has a warranty that covers pretty much everything.

Archived