LegacyGT.com

Im thinking of getting 2004 vw r32

by large displacement you mean....?

Agree, they aren't really large displacement. I like the look and idea of the r32. High output v6 AWD nice suspension etc but in reality the car is kinda slow. Costs a lot to mod and there isn't much you can do to make power other than going FI.

twin turbo on that car and it jumps close to supercar in terms of acceleration, check out youtube they can get pretty crazy, but again a very expensive to mod/maintain at that level

Unlike those cars, my LGT will go to and from the track under its own power reliably.;)

^ I'd be curious to see the build sheet/price for a highly tuned R32 and your car LAGT for comparisons, as I'd call your car a highly tuned LGT that I'm sure is getting close to similar supercar acceleration #s

twin turbo on that car and it jumps close to supercar in terms of acceleration, check out youtube they can get pretty crazy, but again a very expensive to mod/maintain at that level

Well twin turbo doesn't really tell you too much about a car. There are twin turbo 6 cylinder cars that are not that fast from factory. Not to mention put a customer twin turbo kit with big enough turbos and enough boost on any car and you can get it to accel as fast as some super cars.

^ I'd be curious to see the build sheet/price for a highly tuned R32 and your car LAGT for comparisons, as I'd call your car a highly tuned LGT that I'm sure is getting close to similar supercar acceleration #s

To bare bones it, powerwise for the last build is less than you would think.

RacerX ~$500 (I did some work for Bryan, got a discount as payment)

VF39 ~$100 (sold my VF40 for ~$350 delivered, bought the vf39 for ~$450 delivered)

DW850 Injectors ~$350

Infamous Tune ~$200

Typhoon CAI ~$200

CNT DP (yes cnt not erz and I got my erz/gms for $300 in a GB) ~$150

GMS Exhaust ~$150

wb255 ~$90

Exedy Clutch/FW ~$500

+ETHANOL

Possible to be under $2500 for over 400wtq and 350whp and the ability to put it down.:wub:

Optional to destroy it in the turns for ~$1000:

used Cusco F&R Sways ~$250

used KW2 ~$750

The GTI is and has always been a better car than the R32. Get a MkV or MkVI GTI for the about the same money, tune it and have a much better car than the R32.

*faster, and i agree with you. i think the R is much faster in the turns. i have driven two R32's, one stock and one with bolt ons and reflash. very fun car, but my friends tuned Mk5 is much much faster.

*faster, and i agree with you. i think the R is much faster in the turns. i have driven two R32's, one stock and one with bolt ons and reflash. very fun car, but my friends tuned Mk5 is much much faster.

The R32 is a bit of a porker and very front heavy. Handling on the R32 is not nearly as crisp as the GTI. (I test drove a MkV R32 and MkV GTI back to back both with DSG) The GTI is more tossable and fun. I much preferred the GTI.

Archived