LegacyGT.com

Please Help! 96 lego l no awd no tcu or ecu codes

at this point I'm guessing my final drive is partially shot either way I have only FrontWD in my AWD wagon. I had a TCU code 24 before I replaced the solenoid and clutch pack on advice of A dealership by a 3rd party. now I still have no AWD but the at oil temp light does not flash and I can't pull any codes out of the TCU with either the current or stored shift lever handshake procedures.

I don't care how I just want to fix this car and get back on the road safely. I realize putting a new trans in at this point is likely my only option. I'm trying to gather information on others experiences with no awd in 4eat transmissions.

things I know:

on jack stands the car will only spin the front differential. no tension is put on the rear drive shaft while in gear. if I leave it in drive for a minute or so I get an ABS light illuminated but I can't pull a related code or any code from the TCU.

in limp mode I still get no tension on rear drive shaft.

I used subaru parts from a subaru dealer.

any advice, information, or help greatly appreciated.

questions I have asked multiple sources but still can't get an answer to

if the awd system is not transferring energy to the rear wheels will I get a TCU OR ECU code or not?

is there any chance that the drive hub's teeth are sheered off and I could replace more parts but keep my original trans? I know that's a VERY complex question and am hoping someone who has in depth knowledge of the 4eat might also know about a similar failure of rear power transfer.

Thanks in advance!

Archived