LegacyGT.com

Paint Correction/Detail

Dbl_D718

My car has some light scratches, most of which can be buffed out (I think) and a couple that can't. I went to a local body shop and was quoted ~$350 to have the driver's side doors refinished to get rid of some key marks from the previous owner that can't be buffed out, and $100 for an "all-around" buff.

I was thinking about doing the buff for now to see if it's good enough to make me less unhappy with the scratches. But...I don't know too much about the paint correction process. Should I wash and clay my car before I take it in to have it buffed? Wax directly afterwards or do something in between?

I've looked for a local specialty detailer (Peoria, IL area) and couldn't find anything, so looking for advice.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Never heard of Quixx before, but just looked it up. Seems like it's worth a shot though. Ever used it before? Good results?
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived