LegacyGT.com

FS: OEM Down Pipe

bakabakablah

• 4 weeks later...
I'm in Cerritos/Fullerton most of the time, with daily trips to Pomona/Diamond Bar.

I'm pretty sure all MT downpipes should be the same for 05-09.

The trans bracket on the side is different from 5 speed to 6speed.

So if you have a 5 speed DP, it will have to be cut off to fit onto the 6speed, however the 6speed's bracket is shorter so it will fit on a 5 speed model without cutting.

So the 6spd works on the 5spd, but not vice versa? Will there be fitment issues? Thanks again.

That statement is true if you don't want to cut anything. Note that you won't be able to bolt the top half of the downpipe to the transmission either way.

The opposite is true, only if you cut the bracket (which is longer on the 5speed). So the only negative is that you have 1 less bracket supporting the weight of the downpipe.

You can see the L shaped bracket in the photo in the original post, its sticking straight up in the middle.

Seems like you were right Kaos, my apologies.

- Specific post showing 5mt downpipes not fitting the 6mt without modification here (whole thread here, and another relevant thread here)

However, I would like to reiterate that the upper half of an OEM downpipe I have for sale originally came from 5mt LGT, and would in all likelihood satisfy kosugesan's needs.

Seems like you were right Kaos, my apologies.

- Specific post showing 5mt downpipes not fitting the 6mt without modification here (whole thread here, and another relevant thread here)

However, I would like to reiterate that the upper half of an OEM downpipe I have for sale originally came from 5mt LGT, and would in all likelihood satisfy kosugesan's needs.

Yeah it will work fine, I ran a 5speed stock downpipe on my 6speed swapped GT, just cut the bracket, you can shorten and reweld it on to fit if you'd like as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived