LegacyGT.com

Speaker mounting depth? 06 legacy

lingling1337

Q: What are the speaker sizes?

A: 6.5” all around with a slightly less then 2” depth. Anything more then that will needs spacer rings. The speakers in the front doors have a splitter in the door that splits the lead to the tweeter and the 6.5” in the door. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7154 for a good example of a speaker installation.

I have put 2.5" deep speakers in the doors with just a 3/4" spacer and they had some space left behind them but I can't recall exactly how much.

I can do spacers up to 1" in total depth (by stacking 3/4" with an additional 1/4" spacer), but I have not gone beyond that thickness.

Additionally, I have made spacers for the Imagines and have not had an issue with window interference.

I have put 2.5" deep speakers in the doors with just a 3/4" spacer and they had some space left behind them but I can't recall exactly how much.

I can do spacers up to 1" in total depth (by stacking 3/4" with an additional 1/4" spacer), but I have not gone beyond that thickness.

Additionally, I have made spacers for the Imagines and have not had an issue with window interference.

Cool man, glad to hear from someone with experience with the Imagines. Did you install them too? If so, did you put the tweets by the door handle or closer to the driver? Or coax?

If only that climate control double din unit werent so expensive I could drop all my equipment in :(

Cool man, glad to hear from someone with experience with the Imagines. Did you install them too? If so, did you put the tweets by the door handle or closer to the driver? Or coax?

If only that climate control double din unit werent so expensive I could drop all my equipment in :(

I did not do the install- I only supplied the adapters/spacers.

My tweeters in my WRX are in the sail panels. not perfect, but perfectly stealth.

Archived