LegacyGT.com

My new 97 GT :)

Just bought this other day for 2k and its basically perfect. All i had to do was put the fluids in it. Clutch is a bit on the soft side but still really strong. I cant wait to start putting money in it. I didnt subarus were this much fun!! AWD FTW!!

subaru.thumb.jpg.285a77ee46b06723bce4aef2c8a0cec1.jpg

I love it! the guy wanted 2700 but he worked with me about it. i think altogether it will come to like 2300. its got 180k on it but it runs smooth. i live in ohio so im guessing the guy had it in the garage in the winter cause there is virtually zero rust other than a couple rock scratches from driving. Its so awesome to find a place where i can learn about these cars with other owners, thanks guys.

This is the coolest Legacy forum, IMHO. :)

There are lots of nice people here ready to help each other out in a friendly manner, imagine that!

Have the HGs been replaced yet? They usually go after 160-170k or so. Keep an eye on them if not. How about the timing belt? Since your 2.5 is DOHC you don't want a timing belt failure.

You would think such a clean GT would have been maintained properly. No rust is good! They salt the roads out here like crazy.

Well the belt treads look almost new and what do you mean HGs? lol and yeah they salt the roads pretty bad here too but winter wasnt too bad. Think the previous owner probably kept it inside during winter.

LOL wow im slow aha yeah all the gaskets are good, i did check what i could of them. none of then are corroding out from where they should be. i had an eclipse before this and the gaskets on the head were like seeping out and falling off lol this car is the best vehicle i have ever had.

Archived