LegacyGT.com

i want to do an engine swap but idk what to get

• 2 weeks later...
^Many try, few succeed! :lol: One of my favorite EG33 swaps is now being parted out. :(

Super involved swap, much more so than other swaps. Bad ass engine though.

Not really. about 15 wires to merge, remove puller fans, drop in pusher style fans and drop the engine in.

It's actually one of the easiest swaps to do, the biggest part is getting the engine in without ruining your radiator. :lol:

That thread is... okay for information.

It's so scattered and there are so many conflicting things I almost decided to just F it and rebuild my ej25.

Then I found some helpful threads and TAIDEN's videos on youtube. Very informative and shows how easy it actually is.

If you're interested I'm Backwoodsbob on RS, I'll be putting together an "how to swap an EG33 in your car" thread with links to every post I've read that helped me along the way so you can go to one thread and get all the info you need.

It's just a PITA going cross-forum to find info on this swap when it's so damn simple.

Cool! Let me know when you get that thread going. It sounds like it will be a great resource. I love the EG33!

I'll probably start a thread here with links to the other thread on rs. Timeline: about 3 weeks-month

Can you really use your stock radiator? I thought that you have to get a thinner Saab radiator to make it work?

Yes, stock radiator WILL WORK, at least in the BE/BH chassis/ Legacy gen 3. In some cases you do have to remove the crank pulley, insert engine and put the pulley back on.

Other times it's just about the angle. The biggest thing is pusher style fans, without those you're not getting the engine in there period.

Archived