LegacyGT.com

New owner- introduction

I've been a lurker here for a couple weeks while I researched the Legacy GT. I have to thank you for all the info that helped me make my decision. In fact, I may not have found my car if it wasn't for this group. I wanted a GT wagon with a 5spd., but was planning on waiting until the '06's came out. Needless to say, the news of no 5spd. wagons in '06, and that '05's were getting hard to find, lit a fire under my butt. So as of Friday I'm the proud owner of an Atlantic Blue GT Limited Wagon. My wife and I had to search all of Northern CA for the color combo we wanted, and we ended up paying $26,540, $500 under invoice minus the $1500 rebate. I absolutely love the car. I can't wait until it is broken in.

I'm new to Subaru, but I've owned four AWD turbo DSMs, so I hope to be able to contribute to the group.

Jason K.

'05 Legacy GT Limited Wagon

'04 Nissan Titan SE Crew Cab SE

'96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

'93 Eagle Talon AWD

'92 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #739/1000

From one DSMer to another - and one ABP owner to another - WELCOME! :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks guys.

which dealership did you purchase this from? What is the total after tax and registration?

I bought it at Diablo Subaru in Walnut creek. It was one of the best buying expiriences I've had. My wife located the car, and contacted the dealership. She negotiated the price over the phone. When we got there, the car was ready. They gave us the keys and told us to take a long test drive on our own. When we got back, we bought the car. We were expecting the usual "are you sure we told you that price?," but he simply stated the price we had agreed on. There was none of the usual back and forth with the salesman and manager. No playing with numbers. It was quick and easy. The car was $28911 out the door with all taxes, registration, and fees.

Out of interest, where did you get the VR4 from, I have never seen any in NA since moving here.

It took a lot of luck and even more persistence to get the GVR4. I saw it being towed from a local parking lot, with the back wheels on the ground. I stopped to warn the driver, but he ignored me. I wrote down the name of the tow company. I saw the tow truck a half block down the road pulled to the side, with two long skid marks leading to the rear wheels of the Galant. I tried to find the owner through local DSM lists, but no one claimed the car. So I called the tow company, and told them I was interested in buying it. I bugged them for months, and they finally sold it to me for $750. I put in new tranny in it and it was good to go. Here is a pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/AWDpower/Car%20Pics/GVR4RimsRtSide.jpg

Jason K.

'93 Eagle Talon AWD

thanks. I plan to make a trip to either Livermore or Diablo - I hate the Subaru dealers in Sacramento (I havent visited Maita yet - maybe give them a chance.) That's a good deal you got there.

I went to Maita before I bought my car. Very interesting expirience there. I think we got a salesman fired. We had a very odd salesman who seemed to have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder. On the test drive, he insisted he sit in front, implying he needed to be able to take control and save us. He constantly felt the need to "correct" us, and would literally huff and puff when we disagreed. My wife would ask me a question, and he would interrupt. My wife asked me a question about the power delivery Vs. our Eclipse GSX. the saleman butted in, and started talking crap about our car! Not a great way to win over a customer. The final straw was when he started criticizing my wife's driving. She pulled up to a stop light that was about to turn green. He lectured her on how she was ruining the clutch by holding it in rather then shifting to neutral. He then took the car out of first and put it in neutral himself! He then complained about his personal problems the rest of the way back to the dealership.

My wife was furious, and went to the Manager. He was great, and seemed genuinely embarassed and upset by the situation, and eager to make it up to us. But even then, they were not able to meet the price quoted by Diable Subaru. Which was a moot point, as they didn't have the color we wanted anyway, and couldn't get it.

Jason K.

That's a NUTTY salesman!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for sharing that tidbit with us. I'm definitely sorry a fellow DSM/LGT brother/family had to go through that, but boy, that was FUNNY!!! :D

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Thanks guys.

I bought it at Diablo Subaru in Walnut creek. It was one of the best buying expiriences I've had. My wife located the car, and contacted the dealership. She negotiated the price over the phone. When we got there, the car was ready. They gave us the keys and told us to take a long test drive on our own. When we got back, we bought the car. We were expecting the usual "are you sure we told you that price?," but he simply stated the price we had agreed on. There was none of the usual back and forth with the salesman and manager. No playing with numbers. It was quick and easy. The car was $28911 out the door with all taxes, registration, and fees.

It took a lot of luck and even more persistence to get the GVR4. I saw it being towed from a local parking lot, with the back wheels on the ground. I stopped to warn the driver, but he ignored me. I wrote down the name of the tow company. I saw the tow truck a half block down the road pulled to the side, with two long skid marks leading to the rear wheels of the Galant. I tried to find the owner through local DSM lists, but no one claimed the car. So I called the tow company, and told them I was interested in buying it. I bugged them for months, and they finally sold it to me for $750. I put in new tranny in it and it was good to go. Here is a pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/AWDpower/Car%20Pics/GVR4RimsRtSide.jpg

Jason K.

'93 Eagle Talon AWD

My confusion, me thinks. I thought you were refering to the AWD 280 hp monster VR4 JDM. Quite a few were imported into the UK, in the days when the Galant (or Legnum) was a good looking wagon.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=372

Yea, we only got the previous version of the VR4 in the states, only in '91 and '92, and only 3000 total cars. I wish we got the Legnum. The early VR4 was more of a predesessor to the EVO.

Jason K.

Archived