LegacyGT.com

I have the VTA (vent to atmosphere) one on my 05. Im not gonna get into the whole thing about good vs bad for your car because that will create a firestorm. Anyway, on stock boost you prob will not have a problem running it with the spring soft. If your car stalls when it releases tighten it until it doesn't cause basically it is just a post MAF boost leak. That is what happened to me when i got tuned, and i just tightened and my car was fine.

Full VTA will cause the car to go rich for like the smallest amount of time (between shifts). Some say its not a problem others swear your car will self detonate. Like i said ive been full VTA for over 6 months no problems at all with it and i think its one of the nicest sounding valves. I like performance over function but not to the point of building a racecar where every little thing matter.

Also what would changing it to vent to atmosphere really do?

Make your car one unhappy camper. The ECU is expecting you to recirculate a certain percentage of air when your wastegate opens. If you change it to VTA then your car will really start running rough without a tune.

thats not entirely true, that's not what happened with my car at all at full VTA. will it be running perfect especially without a tune no, but to say it will run rough is a stretch. I ran it at as soft as you can go and my car ran fine. The ECU is expecting air to be recirculated and accommodates that when the fuel is added. However that air isn't their hence the brief richness that occurs whenever the valve opens. Even with a tune you cannot adjust the fueling for every time it opens, with a full VTA valve you will have rich sequences whenever it opens. to each his own but its not going to create a huge problem or make your car un-drivable.

For what its worth,I've only had my car since January and its got a Perrin BOV on it. It doesn't seem to effect the way it drives much,sometimes the rpm's will dip but it hasn't died at all because of it. I would prefer a BPV over it but I'll be sticking with it for now.

Archived