LegacyGT.com

Blow Out Valves and Rims

Ok here is a questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer for me. A buddy of mine owns a 2004 WRX and has a blow out valve currently on the car that he said he will GIVE to me because he is looking to get a new one. My questions is this...will it fit?....is the configuration the same on a 2004 WRX as a 2005 LGT Limited so I can install blow out valve with no problems? If anyone can answer that please let me know...i would love to throw one of those things in there.

In addition, does anybody have a set of 2005 Legacy GT factory rims they are looking to get rid of???? The same friend of mine who is giving me the blow out valve wants to put the 17" Legacy rims on his WRX.

no it wont bolt on...you can make a custon flange for it tho or drill directly onto the base of it to make it fit...and its a blow 'off' valve...hehe

So if i drill right into the base of the turbo and make it fit will it still work properly? I'm a little hesitant to take my power drill and start making holes in my turbo.

And yes, I'm sorry, it is a Blow Off Valve...what was I thinking?

So if i drill right into the base of the turbo and make it fit will it still work properly? I'm a little hesitant to take my power drill and start making holes in my turbo.

This is a a type of mod that most people are reluctant to do anyway but if you want to do this to a new car I strongly reccomend spending the money to get the proper equiptment. :cool:

The BOV doesn’t attach to the turbo, it attaches to the Inter Cooler which is plastic so DON’T drill into it. I would suggest you learn more about the car before you do serious damage.

Silver Bullet - leave the stock BPV as is. Do not replace it. It is all that you will need unless you end up pushing 18+ lbs of boost. I won a BOV in a raffle and after ALOT of research realized that it would do NOTHING performance wise (just a "psssshhhhh" and a rich running car). I traded it for sway bars...A needed mod.

Archived