LegacyGT.com

Going wingless

mr.hicksta

I'm considering removing my spoiler (QSM 08 LGT) and going the bondo route to fill the holes. I'm just wondering how many others have done the same. If so, is there anything I need to be aware of? In order to save some benjamins I'm considering trying to tackle it myself so we'll see how this goes :lol:. I appreciate any feedback or recommendations!!!

Sounds like a real bad idea unless you're experienced with body work. Are our trunks aluminum or steel? The holes should be welded if you want to do it right.

Yeah I don't have any car body work experience so I didn't consider it for long. I'm going to take it off this weekend and will take it by a body shop to get an idea of how much it'll run. I'm thinking the trunks are made of steel but I'm not 100% sure.

Patch panels of material would need to be stitch welded into any holes bigger than 1/4" or so. And the welds need to be done slowly or you run the risk of warping the shit out of the trunk. It takes skill and patience to weld up thin sheet metal.

Patch panels of material would need to be stitch welded into any holes bigger than 1/4" or so. And the welds need to be done slowly or you run the risk of warping the shit out of the trunk. It takes skill and patience to weld up thin sheet metal.

Yeah I know of a good body shop in the area so once I take it off I'll swing by to get a quote.

Archived