LegacyGT.com

Who has the lowest mileage Spec B?

18K on 06 Spec #022.

That works out to 3,600 per year......gotta factor in number of years owned if it means anything to anyone. The car has become more of a DD lately,so my miles will start climbing.

Don't do it. Go get a beater.

Don't do it. Go get a beater.

Why? I love my Spec B, but in the real world it's not a collector car.

By not driving it and keeping the miles down, at some point you'll sell the car and someone else will enjoy putting those miles on it. You won't get enough extra cash for the low miles to cover all the costs you spent on tags, taxes, insurance and service, to make it worth it. We know it's not your everyday Subaru Legacy, but 99% of the rest of the population don't know anything about the car.

I say drive it and enjoy it.

^I'm not saying never drive it, but having a less desirable car available has its benefits by striking a balance. There're times/situations you don't want to be committed to driving your finer vehicle: winter driving - increased potential for corrosion/collision; needing to let a friend or relative borrow your car; using it to transport stuff that might be potentially detrimental to the cleanliness of your ride, e.g., vomiting children/pets, trash, corpses, etc. I had a Regal T-type for 22 years and put 90k miles on it and only lost $500 on its sale due to the retained quality by its limited use. Nearly paid for my spec b...

Archived