LegacyGT.com

lgt st 2 and sti

ive pulled away from 3 sti's in the last 2 weeks...all of which were basically stock, catback and air filter on 2 of em. it was only by about 1 or 2 cars tho

anyone else been having this "phenomena"? haha...they couldnt believe that i was walkin away...i think its more driver than anything

Stock STis make like 230 to 250 whp... so yea, for us to have 250 whp as well for a Stg 2 sounds fair. Dont forget, they really need to get their butt out of 1st gear because it's totally useless until 3rd and 4th gears.

Keefe

Keefe

How is the gearing of a LGT to an Sti? I have seen the numbers but i dont know enough about cars to make an educated comparison. Im assuming that the Sti is geared more aggressive. Thou i could be wrong. I have have been wrong before...once. =P

I've driven hard against a couple of STis. Not stop light stuff, but on the open road in the higher gears that Keefe talked about. I wouldn't use the word "walked em" to describe the difference. It's true, a Stage 2 LGT will take and hold the lead over the plain STi. One run went from 80 mph to probably 130 mph and by then I had 2-3 car lengths. It was a nice guy in the STi. We both were pushing hard just to enjoy what the Subies could do. No animosity at all. Rarely do you get that kind of road-rage free pleasure while pushing the limits.

hmm...thats really weird

i just checked again in the sales spec book...and it definately says 80 lbs heavier...

o well...its not that much either way, one of us is wrong and i dont care to argue about it...haha

Specifically, here are the Coefficients of Drag for each:

Legacy Sedan - 0.29

Legacy Wagon - 0.31

WRX/STI - 0.33

As a benchmark...

C5 Corvette - .29

C6 Corvette - .28

M3 - .33

Subie does well. :D

Yup, also the Legacy has pretty good underside aerodynamics.

Take a look under your car and you will see that the engineers put a lot of thought in the layout of everything plus the use of covers to reduce airstream disruption.

The splitters before the rear wheel wells are functional and look so nice.

I keed I keeed

Would a stage I legacy beat a stock STI?

my legacy has a K&N intake and Cobb Accessport STage I.... how would i do against a stock sti?..or like an sti w/ an intake?

You will get smoked!!! Hehehehehehehehehe

Stock STi can do 1/4 mile in the low 13's... Just so you know...

And STi tires, suspension, trannie are better than in the LGT, at least more speed oriented I d say...

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i saw a dyno for an intake on my legacy and it raised horse by like 16?..i can notice better gas mileage...or is it just in my heaD?...it sounds cool ne ways..haha

Archived