LegacyGT.com

New Car, new to tuning, help?

I just got an 05 LGT and am looking to add a bit more power without going to crazy. I have been searching for days now and I think my questions can be answered pretty easily so I hope I'm not flamed.

1. I am not a fan of a loud exhaust. Would it be fine to just run an uppipe, open source tune and keep the stock downpipe/CBE?

2. or, For a starter would you guys recommend just going with a tune and CAI then decide if I need more power later on get the piping and re-tune it?

3. Cobb AP or open source tune? I was planning on talking to infamous1 about a tune but am now thinking if i ever upgrade to stage 2 I will need a new map and end up spending more money on open source.

If anything I said is completely wrong or dumb please let me know :p learn from your mistakes

I'm very happy with this answer, it's what I thought as well, thanks a lot. Would you recommend a downpipe as well or just getting an uppipe is fine? From what I read our stock uppipe has an additional sensor which isn't needed so it is a nice gain changing it. For that reason would it be a cheap/smart route to just get a used 07+ uppipe?

Sorry for all the questions .

based on the reviews section i plan to get this setup

Invidia Uppipe- $145

ERZ Catted Downpipe- $340

Install- $300

Opensource tune- $150

Cost of stage 2= $809

Am I missing anything? sound like a good starting setup?

I am going through the thread now but I am pretty new to this. What are the benefits of removing the banjo bolt filter? is it for protection?

edit: So this is just to protect my turbo from being oil starved if it gets clogged?

Invidia Uppipe $140

CNT Performance Catted Downpipe $333

AEM Cold Air Intake $237

Install $300

VagCom Cable $20

Plasti-dip (6 cans) $36

Tints $225

Opensource Tune $150

Update list Total=1441

Missing anything?

Invidia Uppipe $140

CNT Performance Catted Downpipe $333

AEM Cold Air Intake $237

Install $300

VagCom Cable $20

Plasti-dip (6 cans) $36

Tints $225

Opensource Tune $150

Update list Total=1441

Missing anything?

WTF? Who the hell slipped that AEM CAI in there? DELETE that SHYT it is not going to help you at all at stage2. I would also get an STI or OEM catless up (07+) for around $50.

NEW TOTAL? $1100ish

lol i just copy and pasted my excel sheet of stuff I plan to buy, the plasti-dip is for the grill/stock rims. I am no longer getting the CAI after reading more about it. Also I may just gut the UP/DP instead of getting new ones. New list

Gutting UP/DP (leaving price because I have no idea what I would be charged) $300

VagCom Cable $20

Opensource Tune $150

New cost of budget stage 2= $470!

Thoughts?

Archived