LegacyGT.com

Misfire codes on all 4?

Here's my story. Driving the other day and wanted to check my boost, I have 05 stage 2 cobb stock map. I'm in 4th gear 3k rpm's hit the gas, boost climbs to 15lbs for a few seconds car revs to about 4k and suddenly boost drops! Like the car hit a wall and the boost gauge goes to zero. Continue on driving car feels ok, when I slow down the car starts to die when I push the clutch in. As long as revs are up it feels fine. Get home, car idles horribly, really low and lumpy. I'm thinking vacuum leak, check the boost line and it looks fine. I reset ECU, no change. Next day, same thing, car won't idle and stalls when I press the clutch at stop lights or signs, boost gauge not working at all but car is making boost according to accessport. I disconect the boost line and plug the open hose still thinking vacuum leak, reset the ECU, no change. Tonight, start car and let it warm up, when I get in, CEL, no other CEL's till now. check the codes and it was misfire on all 4 cyl's and PFFFE.

Any idea what the hell is going on?

yes you can but if you want to access it and have fat hands, it'll be just easier to take off the TMIC. I took a picture of it--camera was placed right above the turbo and was 'looking' underneath the TMIC towards the center of the engine.

--> see this thread

I did get misfires all over too.

The fix was to put back the hose of course AND ziptie it.

miss fire on all cylinders usually means there is air fuel ratio problem.

from your explination it sounds like the inter cooler poped out of the throttle body.

driving at part and mid throttle should be fine .. full throttle should feel rather shitty and black smoke due to large amounts of air leaking out that connection and the computer thinking that amount of air is going in.

so simplest solution check that out, also the inter coolers are known for coming apart also with age and lots of boost.

if you stuck from from home and cars keeps stalling you can unplug the mag with the engine off and restart and drive home that way the car should run quite good then. but don't try boosting with out maf connected.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

XT it wasn't the hose that popped off for you but the one that that one plugs into. Impossible to zip tie without taking off the intake, so I zip tied it a little bit snug before I put it on and the pushed it on the fitting so at least it was a little tighter. It was either that or superglue! In the pic it would be the other side of the blue fitting you can see I think.

rubberhoseoff.thumb.JPG.c09fe3cd8a38effe95565b3bc9a60b8f.JPG

XT it wasn't the hose that popped off for you but the one that that one plugs into. Impossible to zip tie without taking off the intake, so I zip tied it a little bit snug before I put it on and the pushed it on the fitting so at least it was a little tighter. It was either that or superglue! In the pic it would be the other side of the blue fitting you can see I think.

Just making sure I understand what you mean: are you saying that you did find (another) hose on that blue fitting that popped off on your car, and you zip tied it? If yes, then is your problem fixed?

In my case, I was able to put back the hose on the blue fitting by sliding my (small) hand under the intercooler, and then somehow I was able to zip tie the hose end onto the blue connector without taking the intercooler off. Took a lot of patience that's for sure.

That pic you took is of a three way fitting, the 2 you can see and the third side, the one you can't see is what popped off of my car. It goes directly towards the front of the motor under the intake and it's only a couple inches long. I took off the intercooler and noticed it right away. Problem is fixed as far as i can tell so far. I haven't driven the car yet but my boost gauge is working and the car was idling fine. Thanks for the help.

for the record that is undoubtedly the MOST famous vacuum leak on these cars. IC to TB hose, approx 4 inches long and mine popped off 4 times before i finally yanked the tmic off to clamp it.

go to a front mount and you can practically solve a boost leak with your eyes closed

That pic you took is of a three way fitting, the 2 you can see and the third side, the one you can't see is what popped off of my car. It goes directly towards the front of the motor under the intake and it's only a couple inches long. I took off the intercooler and noticed it right away. Problem is fixed as far as i can tell so far. I haven't driven the car yet but my boost gauge is working and the car was idling fine. Thanks for the help.

^ That's what I thought you meant. Well, I am glad it was a simple fix.

for the record that is undoubtedly the MOST famous vacuum leak on these cars. IC to TB hose, approx 4 inches long and mine popped off 4 times before i finally yanked the tmic off to clamp it.

^+1000

Archived