LegacyGT.com

Lost Sat. signal due to metal tint!

foghat

I have a sirius system in my car and I mount the ant. in the rear shelf, all was well intil today. I just got back from the tint shop and I had no signal all the way home, thinking that this could not be right I moved the ant. around to sevaral places only to find the same results. Looks like I will be moving the ant. the the windshield. Anyone else had any similar problems?

Sounds interesting but what I was referring to is metal film made by llamar (I think that’s how it’s spelled) as opposed to vinyl dyed film that you commonly see bubbled up on an '89 probe. Metal film window tint has been around for more than a decade look it up.

OK... METAL tint will distrupt all GPS and Satellite signal if the receiver antenna is in the car or if the tint is covering the antenna.

Instead of Metal tint, go with carbon tint. Or, mount the satellite antenna outside of the car.

If you want to keep the metal tint and if the satellite antenna is bult along the defroster lines of rear window.. you will need to identify the lines that are used as antenna and cut out the tint leaving the line free from tint.

I hope this helps... I know its kind of confusing... the tint shop should have known this.. if they didn't, they aren't and weren't professional.

Archived