LegacyGT.com

just need to vent

From what's been said, it's interesting to note that one could have lost compression on one cylinder and yet, can't tell that it is the case (assuming the problem is inaudible and car still pulls). This means that there could be many of us with this problem without knowing it. Wouldn't mileage be affected or something else? :confused:

Edit: I guess there should be noticeable oil consumption.

+1 on the call to SOA. I worked with them on wheel corroision issues w/ my '07 which was barely out of warranty at the time. Replaced all 4 brand new. Might be a different situation obviously but I bet they still ate like $1,500 for parts alone? SOA was at least a great liaison between myself and the dealer. They were super helpful. Still have the # in my phone... (800) 782-2783. DO IT!

So I called SOA today. Basically they said take it to dealer have them do diagnostic on it, unless they say to go forward we can't really do anything for you. They said its essentially up to the dealer whether they will fix it under warranty or not, and they can't give me an answer one way or another and that engine failure without modification is NOT a common thing. (He said he never sees it, with exception of reading it online).

Don't know if its really worth it to go to dealer to pay them to tear down the engine for X amount of dollars only to tell me what I already know that I need a new piston (or have a bad ringland). Only for them to then come back and tell me that it is not covered under warranty.

Should I go through dealer (return car to stock) or just get new small block, build it and go from there? Keep in mind the car is still running fine, (no smoke, no oil consumption, no audible knocking, still pulls well) but I have a feeling its only a matter of time before it goes kaboom.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Emailed rallispec the other day. They are like 10 minutes from my house. Going to get some coin together and get one of their built blocks. Thanks for input. I will start a build thread when I start moving forward.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Archived