LegacyGT.com

I'm turning my car into a VEGETARIAN!!

specialB

• 2 weeks later...
and by tomorrow I meant tomorrow, tuner told me they had another car they wanted to bring to the dyno so they took the extra time today to make sure everything is right tomorrow. Best be no epic fails going on in this thread, I have high hopes.. Mr. Brown does some goood work.

OK, so they took the car to the dyno and it put down 295whp on the stock turbo, sweet money. Only thing is they want to hold onto it for ONE More Day to smooth out some around town drivability quirks on the E85 map before they give her back to me. Looking forward to seeing what the dyno graph looks like and how much torque shes putting to the ground. very exciting : )

driveability issue turned out to be a bad injector causing a misfire... Don't buy cheap injectors its not worth the headache. Now the shop is closed until tuesday, they carry deatschwerks 850cc's in stock I think I'm just going to have them install those unless I come across something else by then, at this point I think its just best to go new parts.

Not bad for a STOCK turbo! What other mods have you done besides injectors?

Thanks, and these are my current supporting mods:

IPR top mount intercooler

Grimm speed cat less up

Invidia catted down

invidia q300 cat back

Grimm speed boost control solenoid

E85 of course

DW850 injectors side fed

DW65c fuel pump

AEM cold air intake

So my tuner was telling me about one of their customers the other day and said they worked on an 08 wrx running same supporting mods as me with a VF52 and did this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/Prefontaine84/315027_965692876734_16300693_42493037_2008384948_n.jpg

Soo after I saw that, I went ahead and shot my uncle a call who has an auto body shop and gets discounts on OEM parts...

Ended up ordering a brand new IHI VF52 today for a grand even, she'll be here by friday and by next wednesday night I will be dropping her off to get it all taken care of. :wub:

Nice! You'll need a clutch after the VF52 install. :lol:

Thanks, and these are my current supporting mods:

IPR top mount intercooler

Grimm speed cat less up

Invidia catted down

invidia q300 cat back

Grimm speed boost control solenoid

E85 of course

DW850 injectors side fed

DW65c fuel pump

AEM cold air intake

So my tuner was telling me about one of their customers the other day and said they worked on an 08 wrx running same supporting mods as me with a VF52 and did this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/Prefontaine84/315027_965692876734_16300693_42493037_2008384948_n.jpg

Soo after I saw that, I went ahead and shot my uncle a call who has an auto body shop and gets discounts on OEM parts...

Ended up ordering a brand new IHI VF52 today for a grand even, she'll be here by friday and by next wednesday night I will be dropping her off to get it all taken care of. :wub:

Sold: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #104 of 500

Wish I had seen your thread before, could have told you to STAY AWAY from those injectors, though probably better you learn with experience. It hasn't really caught on yet on the forums, but this is what I would recommend to anyone:

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injectors/wrx-sti.html

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cgi-local/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=RL-STI-6-6

I was in on the ID hype parade, and wish I hadn't.

And go for the 1100cc FICs so when you upgrade to your next turbo in a month or a year you won't have to buy your third set of injectors.

Good luck, especially with selling those injectors.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

man where were you when I needed you!! haha I'm slowly letting the burn of that money wasted fade away. Time to concentrate on what I have left to do and get the boost thrusters turned up to corn juiced madness ahaha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, so I got the car back last friday sorry guys been a little busy I was in PA over the weekend competing in the Tough Mudder and been busy with this second job I started working. BUT, the car is AWESOME. Take a look at the dyno graph before I say more...

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/529221_10150856877944789_600894788_12000416_86731304_n.jpg

349WHP and around 382WTQ

tune is really smooth car idles great and all, only issue I ran into thus far was when I found a nice open stretch of highway. WOT in 5th gear over 4500rpms the car picks up a horrible vibration and CEL's start flashing. Hooked up the AP to troubleshoot and it said misfire on cylinders 1 and 3. called my tuner and he said they will have to look into it but I shouldn't be doing WOT pulls in 5th anyways as it puts too much strain on the stock drivetrain. But she pulls fine to redline in every other gear so I'm happy. But hell I have to say she goes like stink. I'll have to upload a video in the near future, maybe tonight : D

Oh yea and if you know anyone selling a 6mt tranny...send them my way ahaha, hardened motor/tranny mounts, before I even went VF52 fourth gear has become realllly touchy already. No more power shifting (well maybe just a lot less) for me.

Archived