LegacyGT.com

Loud wooshing/sucking sound

Slightly related... While in 4th or 5th gear and I give heavy throttle. I hear as rapid squeeking that is synchronized with the wastegate flutter. Boost spike? Exhaust leak? BPV leak? I cant seem to track what this is down. Car pulls fine, but I get rich conditions when I let off the throttle when this happens it seems (mild pops). Shamar says my intake box has a leak somewhere, but I checked everything over when I replaced the filter. My buddy says there is sometimes a tendency for boost spikes in these higher gears.

Slightly related... While in 4th or 5th gear and I give heavy throttle. I hear as rapid squeeking that is synchronized with the wastegate flutter. Boost spike? Exhaust leak? BPV leak? I cant seem to track what this is down. Car pulls fine, but I get rich conditions when I let off the throttle when this happens it seems (mild pops). Shamar says my intake box has a leak somewhere, but I checked everything over when I replaced the filter. My buddy says there is sometimes a tendency for boost spikes in these higher gears.

hmm, rich condition letting off throttle sounds like your venting/leaking somewhere post maf. stock bpv? checked bpv gasket/flange/bolts? tmic > TB hose as aforementioned in this thread (although you did say no noticeable power loss)?

something bpv related seems like the most logical possibility to me based off the info you provided.

hmm, rich condition letting off throttle sounds like your venting/leaking somewhere post maf. stock bpv? checked bpv gasket/flange/bolts? tmic > TB hose as aforementioned in this thread (although you did say no noticeable power loss)?

something bpv related seems like the most logical possibility to me based off the info you provided.

Yep, stock BPV running stage 2 with FMIC. BPV appears to be fine then again looks can sometimes be deceiving. All tube connections seem to be tight. I previously had a boost leak that I had to deal with at one of the couplers. Similar noise, just on and off. I'm thinking there is the possibility that when the wastegate closes the BPV is leaking simultaneously.

This does not happen in 1st or 2nd. Sometimes 3rd, but rarely.

Archived