LegacyGT.com

GlowShift vs ProSport

B-BGTLimited

Ok so I've owned two Prosport electronic gauges now, One was a Boost gauge on my Legacy and the second was a Fuel Pressure gauge on my Beretta... Now since the legacy is out in the sun more I noticed it on this one first. When the gauge was hot, or been sitting in a parking lot for a while it would start to spike and drop at random times and then eventually just bounced back and forth all the time and no longer read properly. I thought maybe it was the sender, but I later had the same issue this summer with the one in the Beretta, when I would hide the gauge from the sun and then return it to the pod when driving I never had an issue with it, That car is in the garage most of the time and not out in the sun and when it is I use a window shield to protect my dash so it's exposed to much less heat so thats probably why it "lasted" longer but it now started doing the same thing as what the Legacy one did

I'd like to replace the fuel pressure gauge at least since I went with a mechanical boost gauge on the Legacy and at the same time I want to get an oil pressure gauge for the Legacy.

Now the Glow Shift gauges are priced quite low and this is why I ask if they are any good... it also appears to use a very similar if not the same sender for the fuel pressure gauge so I wouldn't even have to change that on my Beretta. Any other Fuel pressure gauge is near $200 where this GlowShift is only 60-90 depending on where you buy it from.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with these Electronic gauges? Obviously a mechanical gauge is no comparison.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought some for my off road truck (the glowshift). Couldn't be happier with them (I do have a quirk with the backlighting but i'm blaming the truck not the gauges. I say go ahead with them!

The customer support was great when ordering my trans temp, vacuum, and water temp gauges.

Ive had Prosports in both my cars. Had a SpecV sentra with the Pillar pod and now i have them in the Legacy with the Sandwich filter. I have the Mechanical Boost Gauge and the Oil Pressure Gauge and so far no problems. The Customer Service is great and never had any problems with the gauges.

I went with Swoosh gauges over the Prosport and the Glowshifts... We'll see how this one holds up. I only bought one for my Beretta and if I think it will work fine I will possibly get a Boost and Oil pressure one for the Legacy.

• 3 months later...

Well... not impressed with this Swoosh gauge OR the customer service. Every Mechanical gauge I double checked this one against it is reading 7 PSI lower... and 7 psi in fuel pressure is pretty significant.

I sent them a message on E-bay and he basically said I'm wrong and his gauges are superior because they went through QC and they are never wrong and all of Japan uses electronic gauges now so they are extremely accurate and never wrong. I will never buy another Swoosh gauge and Buyer Beware... You have no idea how accurate they are.

I might go back to ProSport but try their EVO gauge since that's fully electronic there is no stepper motor to go bad which is the problem I seemed to have in both of my other gauges from them.

Archived