LegacyGT.com

Clean/Change PCB Valve

2005 Legacy GT Ltd.

Hoping that a bad or clogged PCV valve might be causing my rough idle and cylinder 4 misfire issues. I have tried everything else that might be causing it including:

• replaced air filter
  • replaced fuel injector
  • swapped coil packs
  • checked blue tee vacuum line
  • cleaned MAF and IAT
  • replaced orange o-ring between intake manifold and tgv
  • compression checked fine

Only problem is I can't find the PCV in the service manual and there seems to be some question on this board about whether there even is one? If there is, can someone tell me how to find it and then clean/replace it?

welcome to the misfire 4 club i did everything you did and it didnt go away either. i will be doing a leak down compression test soon. but the pvc is on the back side of the motor attached to the intake manifold, near the throttle body, there is a hose attached to it. its cheap to replace. ( you didnt to leak down?)

2005 Legacy GT Ltd.

Hoping that a bad or clogged PCV valve might be causing my rough idle and cylinder 4 misfire issues. I have tried everything else that might be causing it including:

• replaced air filter
  • replaced fuel injector
  • swapped coil packs
  • checked blue tee vacuum line
  • cleaned MAF and IAT
  • replaced orange o-ring between intake manifold and tgv
  • compression checked fine

Only problem is I can't find the PCV in the service manual and there seems to be some question on this board about whether there even is one? If there is, can someone tell me how to find it and then clean/replace it?

Iasked the shop to do compression check and leakdown test, but I don't think the leakdown got done because the compression was all fine.

My understanding is that if compression is fine, leakdown is not needed as it will only help find the source of low compression???

Can I replace the PCV without pulling the intake manifold off? I take it I have to replace the whole assembly?

Please post the results of you leakdown when competed. Did you alsready do a compression check?

Archived