LegacyGT.com

engine swap

• I Donated
No, but you can swap the intake manifolds and everything associated with them, and then, depending on the year of STI, you may just need to block off one banjo bolt hole. I haven't seen the AVCS routing on the STIs and how they compare to the 06-07 WRXes, but I swapped in an 06 WRX longblock with my 05 LGT manifold, and it was just one banjo bolt hole on the topside of the engine on the right-side head, and a hole for the air pump on the back side of each of the heads.

The shop working on my engine said it shot. Its a long story but a friend of a friend who was supposed to be a good mechanic tried to fix my engine. Turns out he didn't have a clue and he made everything worse after buying many parts that were in then ruined. So now the most cost effective thing seems to be a used engine. So I'm looking at the options.

• I Donated
The harness is connected to the intake manifold. The only things it connects to on the longblock are oil pressure and crankshaft position sensors, which are the same on the STI as on the LGT, and the coolant temp sensor, which is on the coolant neck that you'll need to transfer between the longblocks as well. Literally the only things you have to worry about are the AVCS oil lines (which I haven't seen on the STI) and possibly the air pump if you have an engine from a 2006+ STI (you can buy blockoff plates off eBay).

Archived