LegacyGT.com

Anyone in the Stamford CT area with a Stage I/II Car?

LJH

Hello All,

New to the Subaru tuning world but my wife and I bought a '08 OBXT 5MT around Thanksgiving and I am really not happy with the driveability of the car and the spiky delivery of power. I have been driving turbo charged Audi's for 20+ years and the way that the power is delivered is very different to say the least.

I have been doing my homework and it sounds like a lot of the driveability issues are solved with a tune but I am hoping to get a chance to check it out first hand, before plunking down the cash. I was wondering if any of you fine folk with a stage I/II manual car would let me have a ride/drive your car for like one block just to check it out. If you would like you could have a go in my '04 Audi S4 or the OBXT.

I am in Norwalk but not adverse to meeting up with you anywhere between Rye and Westport.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Jim

There will be a bunch of cars at the tri state meet this Sunday in Queens. Its spikey because the turbo is undersized for the requirements of the engine. (Like most OEM turbos are) Going stg I/II will probably make it more noticeable as far as the quick power hit of the VF40/46.

A custom tune with better boost control can make the power much more linear though if that's what you are looking for but you will make less power in the midrange. (Will make the car feel like a N/A V6) Running a Cobb Accessport with the eco map feels like that. (Wastegate boost pressure only)

Archived