LegacyGT.com

Navigation system?

klaus

Hi,

I'm not sure that Tribeca and OB share the same NAV system. If you take a look at the EU models of OB they have had the NAV system for a couple of years now, but it looks different than the Tribeca's one. It has a smaller screen in order to fit into the top hole in the middle of the dashboard. Tribeca has a much bigger screen and no buttons below the screen (I assume it has touch display).

I guess I have not asked the question well... I'm interested to hear if this is just a GPS NAV system or does it double as a trip/engine computer?

(BTW, I'll still take a look at a Tribeca in a local dealership :D

Hi,

I'm not sure that Tribeca and OB share the same NAV system. If you take a look at the EU models of OB they have had the NAV system for a couple of years now, but it looks different than the Tribeca's one. It has a smaller screen in order to fit into the top hole in the middle of the dashboard. Tribeca has a much bigger screen and no buttons below the screen (I assume it has touch display).

I guess I have not asked the question well... I'm interested to hear if this is just a GPS NAV system or does it double as a trip/engine computer?

(BTW, I'll still take a look at a Tribeca in a local dealership :D

The Tribeca and the 06 LGT are supposed to have the same NAV, I would have assumed that they would use the same retarded system in all of their US vehicles.

The Tribeca and the 06 LGT are supposed to have the same NAV, I would have assumed that they would use the same retarded system in all of their US vehicles.

Oh, well, so far the US/Canadian models were retarded without the NAV. I guess it's a progress if they stick something in (even if it's the old EU model). :p

I'm not sure that there is enough space in the OB for the Tribeca sized NAV unless Subaru redesigns the centre console.... And certainly it doesn't look like it's going to happen based on the photos davidsweet mentioned in the post before yours...

Just find a good deal on an 05 and buy the Pioneer Avic-n2

Couldn't locate any dimensions on the unit. Seems like a big unit - will this fit in the cubby location?

Have you installed this in your car and if so, where did you put the hideaway unit? Pioneer Electronics has this at $2,200 MSRP what's the best local price finds?

SBT

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3442/192089333AVIC-N2_big.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

you would need to remove the entire cubby, and get one of those AVO din things, it wouldnt fit inside the cubby stock. I think judging by others who have installed radios there that you then need to disconnect the OEM one. I think that looks weird to have a radio above, and the stock radio dead but that's just me.

THAT being said, I am totally frustrated with the lack of upgradibility of this car.

I bought the Magellan 760 NAV and love it. With the windshield mount it is fairly unobtrusive, costs 999, and unlike all other portables can SAY the street names that you are supposed to turn onto. The magellan's features make it most like a built in system out of any of the portable options.

I'm with you on both the looks of the two-unit system (Doesn't work for me either) and that a portable GPS like the Magellan 760 or the Garmin Street Pilot c330 is the way to go. You can easily upload, download what features you want and you can move it from vehicle to vehicle very easily. All of the features of an in-dash at a fraction of the cost of an in-dash system.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived