LegacyGT.com

Park & Ride Fuzz Woes

So I recently got my front bumper replaced, unmolested with no license plate holes freshly painted. Even got a DIY 3M clear bra to keep it fresh. I'm in the process of fabbing up my own license plate mount that would screw directly into the front tow hook so when I want to, I can remove the plate and simply replace the cover for the tow hook and its clean front end again with no silly brackets hanging off.

Every morning monday through saturday I park my car at a local park & ride to meet up with my crew in the work truck. I park it in the same spot everyday, up against the curb in the back of the lot facing the woods.

Now last Saturday I had gotten a ticket for not having my front plate affixed. $50 ticket, sent it off in the mail on Tuesday morning. So for days following the ticketing, I began to keep the front plate placed up in the windshield until I had the chance to finish putting together this plate mount. Back to this Tuesday late afternoon, I come back to my car with yet another ticket on the windshield.

Then yet again, I did the same thing wednesday morning and put the plate up in the dash along with the ticket I had gotten the morning before only to come back to a second ticket placed under my wiper blade :nono:. BTW both of the tickets are marked for a court appearance, and they were both written by the same cop.

So now I wont have this bracket done until tomorrow, hopefully. I'm gunna have to velcro the plate to the front bumper and hope I get away with it for the day.

Plate in the windshield is not the same as a plate on the front of the car.

In some cases, you can get a front plate waiver. A friend's dad did it in his Viper. No provisions from the factory for the tag, and he claimed it would devalue the vehicle to drill holes. He got a waiver from the state and that was it.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived