LegacyGT.com

Moving Hosts

Tide

We've outgrown our current server and are planning a move to a new server / dedicated host this coming weekend. We're expecting to turn off the site on Sunday and be back up the same day. Most of the downtime will simply be moving files to the new place.

Sorry for the interuption, have a great holiday weekend.

-Tide

My PERL LWP scripts are gonna freak out.

My LGT new thread ticker will crash and burn and take my Linux system down with it.

This will seriously affect my right hand refresh exercises.

OMGWTF!!!!:)

I keed I keeed

... so for us geeks what are the specs of the new server, huh huh?

+1

Is this a box you own and co-lo somewhere, is it a leased server, etc? No particular reason to know this really; I'm just nosey and like to see how & where things are hosted. It's a typical IT guy trait :D

We'll know we've reached the big time when the site requires separate servers for the database and the web interface.

Thanks for a great Forum. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
+1

Is this a box you own and co-lo somewhere, is it a leased server, etc? No particular reason to know this really; I'm just nosey and like to see how & where things are hosted. It's a typical IT guy trait :D

We'll know we've reached the big time when the site requires separate servers for the database and the web interface.

In 6 months it'll be there.

It was a co-located Athlon 1900 XP with 1 Gig, moved to a dedicated hosting company that is fully managed. New machine is 2.4Ghz P4 with 1 Gig RAM and up to 1.2TB of transfer / month.

It's nice to not have to sweat the server software/hardware anymore and have 24/7 tech support. Worth the extra cost IMHO.

• 3 months later...

Archived