LegacyGT.com

05 LGT check engine light/sucking grinding sounds

They problem ran into issues taking the cam sprockets off the cams. They are a BITCH sometimes and require a breaker bar with an attachment to hold the cam while you breaker the bolt off. some cams never come out and the bolts are seized onto the sprockets. i took all 4 of mine off tonight and we needed to almost stand on the breaker to get the bolts loose. luckily we got em all off without stripping the bolts

What was the name of the warranty company? That's pretty cool they're covering all of that. I've looked into those, but most say in the fine print that they won't cover turbo chargers, so good choice man.

Its called Easy Care, it just happened to be the company the car lot offered me. At first they said they wouldn't cover the turbo but we called them and asked because in text they said they would cover the car and it was to be offered when the car was sold, but it saying no turbo's confused both me and the car sales men. They said because its a factory part its covered. Also they didn't consider the LGT a sports car. There really polite each time I talk to them on the phone too. Its not like most companies you call and ask for something the people you talk to on the phone make it seem like it comes out of there check.

As soon as I get down to the shop and can take some pics of the damage I will post pics.

Heard back from the shop. The warranty company bit off on the whole thing and I should have my car back by the first part of next week. Any advice on when I should do my first oil change? I know I should do them about 3500 miles but with it pretty much being a new engine should I do it sooner? Anything else I should look our for? I plan on keeping it under 4k RPMs for the first 3000 miles or so. Any advice would help.

Use dino oil since its cheaper. There are many opinions on proper engine breakin but in general, run the first start up to temp, drain the oil. Replace filter and oil and drive at varying speeds for 500 miles. Then change again, then go to 1500 miles and change again. At this point put synthetic in and change every 3k.

Thanks for the info BMX. I just picked it up and it runs like a charm. I babied the thing home.....serious didn't let it get above 3k RPM. I am really afraid to even play with the turbo on it in fear of breaking it again.

glad to hear that the easycare warranty worked out good for you. I have that as well and hope i dont need to use it for that but that is good to know that they came through. The only problem i would have is mines modded.... back to stock before repairs i guess. anyway good luck with the new motor.

Yea I was really stressed out for a while on what to do if the warranty fell through. Now that its fixed its almost like im afraid to drive it. I know once I get it broke in and it feels like it should I will love it again thought.

Archived