LegacyGT.com

Door Moisture '12 legacy

pleweickor

No matter the time or day, or outside temperature, when I close my windows they always come back up wet. Is this normal? Is there something I can do?

Define Wet: Large amount of water beads on entire window.

Brand new car. Typical temperature is 20-50 degrees.

2012 Legacy base model.

• 3 weeks later...
No matter the time or day, or outside temperature, when I close my windows they always come back up wet. Is this normal? Is there something I can do?

Define Wet: Large amount of water beads on entire window.

Brand new car. Typical temperature is 20-50 degrees.

2012 Legacy base model.

Hey I was just about to post the same question. I have a 2012 LGT and washed my car back on Sunday afternoon and on tuesday morning I had major beads on my window. I dried my entire car on Sunday, I know this doesn't mean I get the water that is in the window spot, but still I feel like it shouldn't look like I just dipped it in a bath tub. I wonder whether this will cause the window motors to die faster due to the increased water and there fore rust (I know this isn't for a long time but I plan on keeping my LGT for a good amount of time :-)

Anyways let me know what you find out. Did you mention anything to your dealer about this?

I bet by thursday I will still have water spots when I roll down my window. I will try and leave the auto on like suggested, however I think I have it on right now anyways....

Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We have a 2011 Legacy sedan and I noticed that on occasion we'd get a wet streak on the inside of the driver's door glass when it came back up. The car also started to have a moldy odor in it. We took it to the dealer and they took all four door panels off and "cleaned" the door felts, which I assume is the sound deadening material inside the door. They told us there was a bunch of wet gunk in there. We've had the car back for a day and it is marginally better but it still smells. We are calling them again to replace the felts.

Archived